Windows 10: Can't access certain files because I don't have the correct permissions

Discus and support Can't access certain files because I don't have the correct permissions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've recently downloaded a file and every time I try to open it I get an error message saying "Windows cannot access the specifies device, path, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tyler.TheDestroyer, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Can't access certain files because I don't have the correct permissions

I've recently downloaded a file and every time I try to open it I get an error message saying "Windows cannot access the specifies device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I already checked the security of the file in properties and it says that I have full control over the file and nothing is denied. I also added the System, Everyone, and Administrators to the permissions and gave the other 3 groups full access to the file as well and nothing is working still. Does anyone know how to fix this so I can open and use the file?

:)

Tyler.TheDestroyer, Jun 29, 2021

2. Keyboard charachters don´t match

How to correct keyboard charachters if language region does match correct keyboard but charachters still don´t.

RodrigoIzquierdo, Jun 29, 2021
  3. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Jun 29, 2021
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

Can't access certain files because I don't have the correct permissions

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Jun 29, 2021
Thema:

Can't access certain files because I don't have the correct permissions

1. Can't access certain files because I don't have the correct permissions - Similar Threads - Can't access certain

2. media player can't play the file because I don't have access to it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media player can't play the file because I don't have access to it.: I navigated to a folder containing mp4 files Media player says I don't have accesss to thhem and they can't be played. Using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-cant-play-the-file-because-i-dont/da76a131-997b-4810-bfb0-6f52b2a7f783
  3. media player can't play the file because I don't have access to it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player can't play the file because I don't have access to it.: I navigated to a folder containing mp4 files Media player says I don't have accesss to thhem and they can't be played. Using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-cant-play-the-file-because-i-dont/da76a131-997b-4810-bfb0-6f52b2a7f783
  4. media player can't play the file because I don't have access to it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...: My computer files are screwed up. My files and applications say: "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object""you do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user""windows cannot access the specified...
  6. Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...: My computer files are screwed up. My files and applications say: "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object""you do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user""windows cannot access the specified...
  7. Can't install a program because "I don't have access to a directory"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install a program because "I don't have access to a directory": Im trying to install a program on windows 10 and get an error message "Error writing to file: C:\WINDOWS\sytem32\atl110.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory", what can I do? submitted by /u/apinanaivot [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission: I can't access the screensaver manager. It says I don't have permission https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-access-the-screensaver-manager-it-says-i/22edcd86-1556-48eb-a7ba-fb65c496f3fa
  9. I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete certain folders because of lack of permission.: Hi, I bought this computer a few months ago and I installed it with Windows 10 Home Activated. Lately This week, when I download anything from the internet that contains a folder Like a .rar file I can't delete the folder, it says I need permissions from the administrator....
  10. I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    I don't have permission to delete, alter, or save to certain files: As you probably read int he title, I need help because I can't delete, alter, or save certain files. I don't know why this is happening, but it's really annoying. I looked this up and only found a temporary solution that's a pain to do for EVERY SINGLE FILE that has this...