Windows 10: Can't access computer after AMD software update

Discus and support Can't access computer after AMD software update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating my windows 10 computer to the newest AMD adrenalin software mye computer won't start. I have tried almost everything, but it constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OliverPeevor-Johnson, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Can't access computer after AMD software update

After updating my windows 10 computer to the newest AMD adrenalin software mye computer won't start. I have tried almost everything, but it constantly bsod. How can I fix this?

:)

OliverPeevor-Johnson, Apr 2, 2020

2. Updating AMD Driverswindows 10 how to update the AMD drivers without any of their Private Branding components

Hi,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    If the issue still persists then i suggest you to contact the AMD manufacturer support website and check if it helps.

Please refer the below link for the same.

http://support.amd.com/en-us

Hope this helps regarding updating the AMD display drivers. Please contact us if you are facing issues further we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 2, 2020
  3. AMD Software

Hello Rose and other interested parties,

Just generally browsing this afternoon I found in Settings/System/Tablet Mode

AMD E-300 APU with Radeon (TM) Graphics 1.3 GHz., installed 19/9/2017. So it looks like this illusive software has been installed but it is not listed in installed updates nor in the computer programmes list. I am grateful for your advice and help. It now
    remains to be seen whether AMD software updates will completely install which is what started this problem

Many Thanks Malcolm

malcolmcutlan, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Can't access computer after AMD software update

AMD Software

What is the make & model of your system?

From what you have given and the little research I did, this pertains to your situation:

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics ... | Community

Essentially, you have an OLD chipset.

"NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver.
    Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

• Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
    • Reboot the system
    • Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU."

Shenan Stanley, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Can't access computer after AMD software update

1. Can't access computer after AMD software update - Similar Threads - Can't access computer

2. Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.: I am going to just explain this the most thorough and concise way possible. I have recently many AMD update available notifications, bht whenever I opened it I needed a OpenCL.dll so i downloaded and pasted that in and it says im not compatitble so fast forward a week and i...
  3. Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Displays not detecting PC after AMD radeon software update.: I am going to just explain this the most thorough and concise way possible. I have recently many AMD update available notifications, bht whenever I opened it I needed a OpenCL.dll so i downloaded and pasted that in and it says im not compatitble so fast forward a week and i...
  4. amd radeon software failed to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd radeon software failed to update: i am trying to update my amd driver to 21.10.2 but it tells me update failed i have no clue why my pc specs ryzen 5 4650g16gb ram 3200mhzno gpu its integrated...
  5. amd radeon software failed to update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    amd radeon software failed to update: i am trying to update my amd driver to 21.10.2 but it tells me update failed i have no clue why my pc specs ryzen 5 4650g16gb ram 3200mhzno gpu its integrated...
  6. Can't update AMD Software

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't update AMD Software: When I try to upgrade the software for my AMD Radeon R5 Graphics Card to the newest version 21.1.1 and doing a factory reset to install the software, I click on the installer, select the version of software I want to install (20.11.2 - downgrade or 21.1.1 - upgrade),checks...
  7. AMD software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AMD software: AMD software was installed today. It seems legitimate but do I really need it? It takes up a lot of space. I've tried to read about it but everything I've read so far contains a lot of information and words I've never heard before....
  8. AMD Software gone after updating to 1909

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    AMD Software gone after updating to 1909: So I updated to windows 10 1909 just a couple of hours ago and I have a problem. I came to realize that my AMD Adrenaline Software was gone after the updating to 1909. Everytime I right clicked I realized that the AMD Radeon option was gone, for example when you right click...
  9. Can't access shared computer after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access shared computer after update: Just did an update on one of my 4 computers in my network. It was 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 (KB4338819) - OS Build 17134.165. As soon as it rebooted, I lost access to one of the computers in the network. I can still access the shared folders of...
  10. AMD Catalyst Software Suite (Software Update)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Catalyst Software Suite (Software Update): My AMD Catalyst Software Suite has a Software Update on my Laptop. The problem is, every time I try to install it, it says everything installed. I then head back to see what version I have, and its the same one as before. If I click on the software to install it again, it...