Windows 10: Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No...

Discus and support Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 and WinCDEmu to play an older game. However when i mount the Iso file to a virtual cd drive i am unable to access the drive. it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CrazyFlyingMonk, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No...

I am using Windows 10 and WinCDEmu to play an older game.

However when i mount the Iso file to a virtual cd drive i am unable to access the drive. it says M:/ is not accessible access is denied.

When I open the properties it says the name, that it is unable to display the current owner, and that i must have read permissions to view the properties of this object.

When i try to continue to attempt the operation with administrative permissions or change owner it displays "Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No Associated Security."

Same if I try to hit continue on the auditing or effective access tabs.

Edit i am still unaware as to why this happened but i deleted wincdemu and re downloaded it and now the virutual drive functions properly

:)

CrazyFlyingMonk, Aug 15, 2020
  2. MKatCop Win User

Can't open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security.

Many thanks Deepika,

• D: drive is my internal drive
    • I logged-in as an administrator.
    • I Have NOT made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue, but this problems started after Windows Update KB3122947.
    I tried your method 1

- When I clicked Properties > Security > Advanced
    > Change then I got an error message "Can't open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security".

- When I clicked > Properties > Security tab
    > Under Group or user names there is a blank field.

- When I clicked > Properties > General > Advanced
    > Encrypt contents to secure data is NOT selected.

- When I clicked > Properties > Security tab
    > Advanced > Owner says Unable to display Owner. then I get an error message "Can't
    open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security".

I tried your method 2, but even after I disabled all services I still have all the above problems. Can't access a folder on my d drive, where I have installed several important programs

Best regards

M

MKatCop, Aug 15, 2020
  3. MKatCop Win User
    Can't open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security.

Hi,

I have a Windows 10 installed on a new machine.

I have two disks. My C:drive is an SSD (NTFS), where I have Windows 10 OS (c:/windows) and several programs (c: program files). My D:drive (FAT32) is an 1TB drive where I have DATA. I also installed MS Office and some other programs on d:\WindowsApps).

Since 2 days I am not able to run programs installed on (d:\WindowsApps).

When I run a program installed in folder d:\WindowsApps I get an error (Error 2330).

When I want to open folder d:\WindowsApps there is an error message (Location not available d:\WindowsApps is not accessible. Access denied.)

When I want to access security tab I get an message Can't open access control editor. Unable to perform a security operation on an object that has no associated security.

I tried with chkdsk with NO issues in the Safe mode, where I can run all programs and I can access all folders.

Thanks for you answers.

MKatCop, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No...

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing D: drive, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Is D: drive an external drive/ internal drive?
    • Have you logged-in as an administrator to access these drives?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to log-in with Microsoft account, try the troubleshooting steps from the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

If the issue persists try the below:

Method 2: Place the computer in safe mode and perform Clean boot.

Step 1: Boot the computer to Safe mode.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to try the below steps to perform Clean boot.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run command, type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the
      System Configuration
      dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the
      System Configuration
      dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in
      Task Manager
      , for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the
      System Configuration
      dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer. Once you reboot your PC experience if any difference in performance.

Now it indicates that some other services are causing the issues. I suggest you turn on 5 services at a time which are disabled before, reboot and then see if the problem reappears, keep repeating this until you find a group
    of 5 services, which are causing this issue, then check the one by one, till you find the one which is causing your issue. Perform the same divide and apply for
    Startup's too.

Reference: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No...

1. Cant Access Control Editor. Unable To Perform A Security Operation On An Object That Has No... - Similar Threads - Cant Access Control

2. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...: For whatever reason this week i started getting this error "Your administrator has blocked you from running this program cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present under the CLSID Key" This happens when i want to edit files, remove...
  3. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...: For whatever reason this week i started getting this error "Your administrator has blocked you from running this program cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present under the CLSID Key" This happens when i want to edit files, remove...
  4. Error "cant open access control editor the activation requires a display name to be present...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...

powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...: is there any fix to this error? powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has occurred: The file system encountered a metadata file with inconsistent data....
  6. powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...: is there any fix to this error? powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has occurred: The file system encountered a metadata file with inconsistent data....
  7. Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal: The new Microsoft Photos App editor no longer seems to feature its very useful detail correction / object removal tool. How can I access it again? Is there a way to revert to the previous version of Microsoft Photos, for example?...
  8. Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo editor no longer has detail correction / object removal: The new Microsoft Photos App editor no longer seems to feature its very useful detail correction / object removal tool. How can I access it again? Is there a way to revert to the previous version of Microsoft Photos, for example?...
  9. Hyper-V Network Error - The operation cannot be performed while the object is in use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Network Error - The operation cannot be performed while the object is in use: I learned how to Configure the Switch manager from a video and I believe that I configured it right[ATTACH], then this happened " ***Original Title: Hyper-V Network Error***...
  10. Cant open access control editor. the remote procedure call failed, why this error?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant open access control editor. the remote procedure call failed, why this error?: I am getting the error: Cant open access control editor. The remote procedure call failed. when i try to access the edit page in properties>security of a suspended svchost.exe process. It just get stuck. Any solution!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RUN program to open Access Control Editor