Windows 10: Can't access D: removable drive.

Discus and support Can't access D: removable drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my iPod Nano to my laptop, however when I try to connect it, it appears under the Devices and Drives tab in the This PC section... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TaylorMoore1, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Can't access D: removable drive.

I'm trying to connect my iPod Nano to my laptop, however when I try to connect it, it appears under the Devices and Drives tab in the This PC section of the File Explorer for a few seconds, then disappears. When I unplug the iPod, it makes the USB disconnect noise, so it's still connected, I think, but just doesn't appear for some reason. I don't know what to do.

:)

TaylorMoore1, Jan 8, 2021

2. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 8, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 8, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

Can't access D: removable drive.

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Can't access D: removable drive.

1. Can't access D: removable drive. - Similar Threads - Can't access removable

2. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Drive D not accessible: This morning I restarted my computer to install the latest batch of windows updates. Some time after the computer restarted a message appeared in the lower-right corner of the screen. It disappeared too quickly for me to read all of it, but I did catch the word SATA and...
  3. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Drive D not accessible: This morning I restarted my computer to install the latest batch of windows updates. Some time after the computer restarted a message appeared in the lower-right corner of the screen. It disappeared too quickly for me to read all of it, but I did catch the word SATA and...
  4. Data Drive D not accessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can’t access d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t access d drive: I try to merge d drive and deleted it and then my dad recovered it but now I can’t access it cause there is a question mark above the symbol pls help I’m trying to put my games into it...
  6. Can’t access d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t access d drive: I try to merge d drive and deleted it and then my dad recovered it but now I can’t access it cause there is a question mark above the symbol pls help I’m trying to put my games into it...
  7. remove d drive as a system drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    remove d drive as a system drive.: hi, I am trying to move everything on the main c drive to a bigger drive and make that be my main c drive but d drive thinks it is a system drive and it is really just a data drive. how do i make windows remove d as a system drive so i can complete my main task.thanks...
  8. Can't remove One Drive folder from D Drive in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't remove One Drive folder from D Drive in File Explorer: I have unlinked One Drive from my PC. I have uninstalled One Drive using add/remove programs. I have deleted File Registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}AND deleted same for Wow6432Node The Onedrive folder is still appearing on my D Drive...
  9. can't access file directory in my local D drive

can't access file directory in my local D drive: I'm trying install a certain program in a file directory that's in my local d Drive that is separate from my c drive, but every time I try to run the set up it gives me an error saying, set up failed to create file directory error 5: Access denied. would really need help on...
  10. Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied

Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied: I`m not able to open my drive D:\ . When I try, I get message, not accessible, access denied. This error came as a result of removing all sharing privileges to the drive. immediately I finished the process of removing sharing of any file on the drive, I was not able to access...