Windows 10: Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks

Discus and support Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using win10 and I'm updating my disks with intel vroc. I can install new system on the raid disk with loading the vroc driver during installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 承刚吴, Oct 1, 2018.

1. 承刚吴 Win User

Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks

I'm using win10 and I'm updating my disks with intel vroc. I can install new system on the raid disk with loading the vroc driver during installation and successfully boot into this new system.

But when I want to use the old system without windows installation with vroc dirver loaded, the windows can't detect the old driver I had, which is not the raid disks. After intel vmd enabled, windows will go into BSOD as INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE since it can't detect my nvme ssds. How can I install the driver to the windows so it can detect the disk during booting? Installing the driver when vmd disabled is not functional.

:)

承刚吴, Oct 1, 2018
  2. ChiSox Win User

Raid setup needs Vista disk to boot

My first Raid setup

P5N32-E SLI
    Nvidia Raid Setup through Bios
    (2) 74GB Raptors Stripped

Installation of Vista went perfect but wasnt able to load nvidia drivers it kept giving me a blue screen so I used the Vista default(may be where the prob is from)

When I boot the computer without Vista CD in drive it wont boot... says invalid system disk...then I pop the disk in an press enter and it boots fine.....

Is it an issue that the nvidia raid driver werent used during the install

Please help

ChiSox, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Disk boot failure!!!

You can format the disk with like fdisk or something. A linux disk would make more sense but you say it won`t boot....

francis511, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks

1. Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks - Similar Threads - Can't access disk

2. Raid 1 Array not accessible after re-installing windows on different disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Raid 1 Array not accessible after re-installing windows on different disk.: Hello,I have 3 disks in total, 2 x 2 TB which were built into a Raid 1 Array and 1 NVME disk which used to hold my previous installation of windows 11. Today, I decided to reinstall windows 11 on the NVME disk and ever since the raid array doesn't show up anymore. The disks...
  3. Raid 1 Array not accessible after re-installing windows on different disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raid 1 Array not accessible after re-installing windows on different disk.: Hello,I have 3 disks in total, 2 x 2 TB which were built into a Raid 1 Array and 1 NVME disk which used to hold my previous installation of windows 11. Today, I decided to reinstall windows 11 on the NVME disk and ever since the raid array doesn't show up anymore. The disks...
  4. Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk: For some reason when i created a folder i can't search at all in it, i can search in the cloned folders but not in the ones that i create. I also noticed that any folder that i can't search in it i just can move it to the old HDD drive and then i can search the files in it...
  5. Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk: For some reason when i created a folder i can't search at all in it, i can search in the cloned folders but not in the ones that i create. I also noticed that any folder that i can't search in it i just can move it to the old HDD drive and then i can search the files in it...
  6. Can't search in newly created folders in cloned disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't boot windows 10 from installation disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot windows 10 from installation disk: I dual booted ubuntu and win10 for a while. Then tried deleting both and doing a windows fresh install alone but now my laptop says windows installation disk is invalid operating system. I can boot Ubuntu installation disk and from gparted on Ubuntu live disk i deleted all...
  8. Can't Access Disk Management..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Disk Management..: Last Time, it was working fine but now, when i was about to shrink a 1TB partition and make a 1TB partition to my 2TB HDD, this one showed up: [ATTACH] and I was like wait ****?? i havent used the whole 2TB so i want to have another partition for my other stuff ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°...
  9. Can't read data from "RAID" disk on after BIOS change RAID to AHCI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't read data from "RAID" disk on after BIOS change RAID to AHCI: Hey, I got an old Dell Latitude laptop that I was going to update my HDD on so I removed the old drive (it was an m.2 disk in an adapter in a 2.5" slot). I plugged in my new Samsung 840 which the computer couldn't find so I changed the BIOS setting from RAID to AHCI (Raid is...
  10. Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non RAID disks show as removable but RAID disks show as normal: Hi everyone! I researched a lot over this problem, but I cannot figure out how to resolve it. Motherboard: Intel DP55WB, BIOS version: 0336 BIOS has 3 options for hard drives: IDE, RAID, AHCI In Windows 10 Pro x64 If I select AHCI in BIOS all disks show as internals, but...