Windows 10: Can't Access Drive's CleanUp Option

Discus and support Can't Access Drive's CleanUp Option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I deleted some files on a secondary SSD drive. For some reason when I click on Disk Cleanup nothing happens. The usual ability to delete trash is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimlau, Nov 27, 2019.

1. jimlau Win User

Can't Access Drive's CleanUp Option

I deleted some files on a secondary SSD drive. For some reason when I click on Disk Cleanup nothing happens. The usual ability to delete trash is not working. Any ideas?

Thanks.

:)

jimlau, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

WindowsApps Folder Cleanup

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I Suggest you to take ownership of the folder and attempt to delete the contents of the folder, I recommend you to try the below steps:

Step 1:

Follow the steps listed in
    Access Denied
    or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows.

Step 2:

Check for the article
    Disk cleanup
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking yes Or No.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Access Drive's CleanUp Option - Similar Threads - Can't Access Drive's

2. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  3. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  4. C drive cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive cleanup: My c drive is almost full after I updated to 20H2. How can I free up the space on c drive? Shall I format it? because disk cleanup is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-cleanup/e87d406d-6fb3-40e9-89b1-8fabe49e9588
  5. Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option): Windows 10. I have administrative account also. The drive is obviously being used as i can see from task manager but i just cant access its files. Previously it wasn't being used so i cloned my HDD to the SDD so now my laptop boots from it fine. This isn't a big problem...
  6. Can't access energy options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access energy options: Got a new Surface Pro 7 yesterday. Installed it but for some reason I can't access the energy options anymore. If I go through the settings app thewindow just closes. If I do Win + X and chosse energy options I get a error. systemsettings.exe 0xc0000005 unexpected...
  7. Can't Access Sign-in Options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Access Sign-in Options: https://reddit.com/link/imsp39/video/60w4nw82h8l51/player Windows 10 2004 19041.450 already tried sfc and dism, not working also making new user doesn't fix that have tried safe mode too submitted by /u/lala2milo [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't Access Indexing Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Indexing Options: I'm using a fairly old laptop (4th gen i7) running Windows 10 1903. For a while now, I've been unable to access any indexing options, such as through the control panel or the indexing troubleshooter. In the control panel, for example, the "Indexing Options Control Panel" does...
  9. Windows.old will NOT delete with Cleanup option!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows.old will NOT delete with Cleanup option!: Hi, I did a Reset PC and I want to remove the Windows.old folder but the popular method of using System Cleanup is not working for me. I had originally tried to just delete it before discovering that I couldn't get rid of it all, so my folder if approx 36.6 MB but it's...
  10. Windows.old will NOT delete with Cleanup option!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows.old will NOT delete with Cleanup option!: Hi, I did a Reset PC and I want to remove the Windows.old folder but the popular method of using System Cleanup is not working for me. I had originally tried to just delete it before discovering that I couldn't get rid of it all, so my folder if approx 36.6 MB but it's...