Windows 10: Can't Access E Drive

Discus and support Can't Access E Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to click on something that was in that drive this comes up: "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '----' refers to is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RuberM, Feb 1, 2019.

1. RuberM Win User

Can't Access E Drive

When I try to click on something that was in that drive this comes up: "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '----' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again. When I try to click on something that was in that drive this comes up: "The drive or network connection that the shortcut '----' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again.

:)

RuberM, Feb 1, 2019
  2. taid Win User

E: is not accessible. Access is denied

Further to my previous posting regarding problems with accessing the E drive.

I have since found that my E drive operates normally in Safe mode. On checking Properties →Security →Group or User Names , both SYSTEM & Administrators (Desktop-xxxxxxx\Administrators) are listed but they do not have any Permissions selected. I have ticked all except the bottom option (Special Permissions) for both. Having done that it ‘appears’ that both drives now have similar permissions. However when I leave Safe mode the problem returns, access to the E drive is not possible and there is nothing listed under Group or User Names.

taid, Feb 1, 2019
  3. DannibusX Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Feb 1, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Can't Access E Drive

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Can't Access E Drive

1. Can't Access E Drive - Similar Threads - Can't Access Drive

2. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  3. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied: When I attach a WD My Passport device I get an error E\ is not accessible, access denied.....WD recommended I contact Microsoft....thanks in advance for any tips, Dave...
  4. Can't get access to remote Hard Drive...E\ is not accessible, access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Access E: Local Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access E: Local Drive.: For a little while now, some games on my pc haven't been started on steam. I found that it was download on my Local Drive E: but I cant access my E drive anymore. If there is any chance that I can get directions on how to get into this drive, that would be a great...
  6. Can't Access E: Local Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access E: Local Drive.: For a little while now, some games on my pc haven't been started on steam. I found that it was download on my Local Drive E: but I cant access my E drive anymore. If there is any chance that I can get directions on how to get into this drive, that would be a great...
  7. Windows can't read disc in drive E:\

Windows can't read disc in drive E:\: Windows can't read disc in drive E:\ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-read-disc-in-drive-e/0bdd8b1f-7ee7-41ca-9884-6f6c759de571
  8. E: is not accessible. Access is denied

E: is not accessible. Access is denied: I have a problem with my computer and I cannot blame Microsoft or the man in the moon or anyone else, sadly it is self-inflicted. I have 2 SSD’s installed in this PC. C is the system drive and E is my back up drive which I use to make regular bootable clones. Additionally I...
  9. E:/ is not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    E:/ is not accessible: [ATTACH] this occurred to both my administrator and user accounts ,now I cant open the disc at all what should I doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pls don't take too long to respond like #google...
  10. drive e:

drive e:: my drive E: says drive almost full but when i open it there is nothing inside its empty please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/drive-e/c5deff65-dc0e-4550-a695-6a93ba094995