Windows 10: Can't Access External Hard Drive

Discus and support Can't Access External Hard Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't access my external hard drive from my laptop. But when connect to other laptop using win 7 it easily open. [img] Drive E not showing NTFS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ReedOne, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ReedOne Win User

Can't Access External Hard Drive

I can't access my external hard drive from my laptop. But when connect to other laptop using win 7 it easily open.

Can't Access External Hard Drive [​IMG]

Drive E not showing NTFS file system.

Can't Access External Hard Drive [​IMG]

Pop up when I tried to open Drive E.

This is so frustrating Its not my external HD fault and I don't want to format it. Need a simple solution to solve this probem.

Thank you.

:)

ReedOne, Jan 17, 2017

2. External Drive not seen

Before upgrading to Windows 10 I moved some important documents to an external hard drive (Simple Drive). Now I can't see the hard drive and do not have access to the documents I need.

BrendaMiddleton, Jan 17, 2017
  3. External hard drive not responding only when connected to my laptop.

My external hard drive is not responding when connected to my laptop, But works fine when it is connected to different PC. I don't know if my external hard drive is damaged or not but it works fine with other computers. I am able to access the files from
    almost any laptop other than mine. But the USB ports of my laptop are working fine. Other hard drives n USBs are working properly. I have 1.5 TB of data in the hard drive but I can't access them properly in my laptop.

Anyone please give a fix. It's so annoying that I can't access my files in my laptop when it works fine with other laptops... Can't Access External Hard Drive :)

***Post moved by moderator to the appropriate category.***

Goku mamoru, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Can't Access External Hard Drive

ComputerGeek, Jan 17, 2017
  5. jumanji Win User
    *Ditto but with one modification,. Instead of moving DriveCleanup.exe to System 32 folder , just right click on the appropriate DriveCleanup.exe in its folder itself (32bit or 64bit as per your system) and run as administrator.

jumanji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't Access External Hard Drive

1. Can't Access External Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Can't Access External

2. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  3. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  4. Can't access external hard drive in file manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access external hard drive in file manager: I recently switched from a Mac to Windows 10, had been using my external hard drive fine, but I can't open it in file manager since getting my new PC. It connects, and it shows up in disk manager, but none of the previous fixes on this forum have worked so that I can access...
  5. can't access external hard drive

can't access external hard drive: Hello, A few days ago I purchased a brand new Lenovo Ideapad laptop (Win ver 1909), and when I tried to transfer my files via my external WD hard drive, I could see the drive as a partition (don't remember how I found that) and I could hear it running, but it didn't show up...
  6. External Hard Drive No Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive No Access: My external Seagate Backup Plus Drive shows up as E:\ when I plug it in but is not able to be accessed. I could see under right click properties that it was an NTFS drive and the name but zero for used, free, and capacity. I could get in from the command prompt and got one...
  7. Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access VIDEOS from External Hard Drive: Hi, So I just recently got a 5 TB external hard drive, and with the Mylio photo sharing app was able to sync all of my photos and videos together between the external hard drive, my Windows 10 laptop, and the phone itself. I have 2 issues. Firstly, if I am in the app...
  8. Can't access external hard drive

Can't access external hard drive: Yes, it is visible in Device Manager. Yes, the "best drivers" are already installed. Yes to every unhelpful "reply" from Microsoft LITTERED around this forum. Yet I still cannot open the drive. HOW DO I ACCESS MY EXTERNAL DRIVE?1?! This is clearly a known issues that you...
  9. External Hard drive not accessible

External Hard drive not accessible: My external hard drive was unplugged accidently. When i plugged it back into the computer, it recogonized a previous error with it and was in the process of fixing those errors automatically when it was accidentally unplugged again. Now when i plug in my external drive the...
  10. External Hard drive not accessible...

External Hard drive not accessible...: Hi All, External Hard drive not accessible...? I have 1TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim 200gb cloud Hard Drive. It was working fine on Win 7 earlier, I formatted my desktop and installed win 7 OS since then my exernal hard drive is not initializing. My external hdd was not...