Windows 10: Can't access family section to modify restrictions

Discus and support Can't access family section to modify restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, For the last few weeks I cannot access the family section of my MS account to modify time restrictions, etc. When I attempt to log in I'm... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Patriko-[xboxvenue], Jul 10, 2019.

1. Can't access family section to modify restrictions

Hello,

For the last few weeks I cannot access the family section of my MS account to modify time restrictions, etc.

When I attempt to log in I'm sent to a website that states:

Give us a little while to fix this

Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try searching for something else.

I've done all the basic things like clearing browser cache, trying in an alternate browser and also on a different computer; the issue persists.

If I try to access the 'device' tab, I receive the following:

Try that again

Something happened on our end, and we can't show all the data at the moment. Waiting a bit might help.Try again

TraceId: tsJy9FaxVUOCYRDB.11.6.5​

Please advise.

:)

Patriko-[xboxvenue], Jul 10, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Sten2.0 Win User
    Microsoft family restrictions

Hi,

You actually need your parent to turn off any restrictions on your account. I'm afraid you need to get yourself back to your family temporarily. These are the instructions for an adult account.

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • To remove a child, find their name, then select Content restrictions. Turn off any settings you may have enabled. Then go back to your family’s page, find the child’s name again, and select More options > Remove
      from family.
    • If you want to remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, they’ll need to verify
      their account

I personally think you should be good without doing the third step, but I can't give you a guarantee.

Hope it does the trick. In case of any issues, I'm happy to help you more when needed. If it worked, please mark the answer as helpful.

Sten2.0, Jul 10, 2019
  4. FarisAgha Win User

Can't access family section to modify restrictions

Family Restriction

My family restrictions doesn't work it doesn't send any email I cant access chrome of firefox.

FarisAgha, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Can't access family section to modify restrictions

1. Can't access family section to modify restrictions - Similar Threads - Can't access family

2. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  3. Family Restrictions while accessing apps

Family Restrictions while accessing apps: Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message: [ATTACH] If I try to...
  4. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....
  5. Restricting Networking Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restricting Networking Access: I have two Pcs let A & B. Both are connected through LAN and both are having Windows 10 installed. In both the computer there are two accounts viz. Administrator and Guest. I have restricted the access of Guests in Administrator Account. Now I want to restrict the access of...
  6. Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.

Family Time Restrictions and Glitches.: We have noticed recently that the Family time restrictions are permanently on. My son was grounded for a while and wasn't on the computer for a few weeks. I had the computer locked out for the entirety of the time. He was finally grounded and so I wanted to grant him more...
  7. Can't access any folders after modify registry permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access any folders after modify registry permission: Hi, I am in a big trouble and need help. FIrst, i got a problem that i can't open my win10 microsoft edge explorer. I searched online and found some solutions say that this might be due to conflict of user permission to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and by changing the...
  8. Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions

Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions: I removed myself from a Microsoft Family and tried to log into my Microsoft account on a new computer. Previously I was registered as a child but I currently cannot download some software because of the family restrictions. I double checked, I really removed myself from the...
  9. Modified using Regedit; can't access programs/change back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Modified using Regedit; can't access programs/change back: [I tried to download the file as requesting the in the BSOD Posting Instructions, but I can't due to the problem below.] I was trying to download/install a program, but did not have enough space in my C drive. As the download/installation was automatic, I could not...
  10. Can't Access 'Change Folder and Search Option' Operation Restricted

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Access 'Change Folder and Search Option' Operation Restricted: Hi, I can't access to Change folder option in Windows 10 File Explorer. Gives Error : “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.” [img] 91408