Windows 10: Can't access file and uninstall apps

Discus and support Can't access file and uninstall apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; this is the first time that this has happened to me. I can't access WindowsApps file that contains the installed apps on my desktop. thus, can't delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/D_Kye, Mar 20, 2023.

1. /u/D_Kye Win User

Can't access file and uninstall apps

this is the first time that this has happened to me. I can't access WindowsApps file that contains the installed apps on my desktop. thus, can't delete any apps. I remember I was able to uninstall an app a few months ago. What could've happened??? How do I fix this

submitted by /u/D_Kye
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/D_Kye, Mar 20, 2023

2. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Mar 22, 2023
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Can't access file and uninstall apps

Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Can't access file and uninstall apps

1. Can't access file and uninstall apps - Similar Threads - Can't access file

2. Can't move and access any app files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't move and access any app files: I have recently tried moving some files from a game, Minecraft to be specific, and every time I try to do so I get a slightly different error, all of them related to some appx file. All of the encrypted folders have a yellow lock icon in the upper right corner Win10.All of...
  3. Can't move and access any app files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move and access any app files: I have recently tried moving some files from a game, Minecraft to be specific, and every time I try to do so I get a slightly different error, all of them related to some appx file. All of the encrypted folders have a yellow lock icon in the upper right corner Win10.All of...
  4. Can't move and access any app files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't uninstall apps

Can't uninstall apps: Sorry for the choppy info I don't know much about computers but im having some trouble. I'm running windows 11 and i recently went to uninstall discord but each time I do, i'm met with this prompt. This happens when i Windows+R and try to run %appdata% as well....
  6. Can't uninstall apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall apps: Sorry for the choppy info I don't know much about computers but im having some trouble. I'm running windows 11 and i recently went to uninstall discord but each time I do, i'm met with this prompt. This happens when i Windows+R and try to run %appdata% as well....
  7. Security issue - can't access apps and files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security issue - can't access apps and files.: Can't use my computer properly since I tried to change some file/folder security settings. Does anyone know how to reset ALL file and folder permissions to their defaults? Or any other way to fix this?Main issues: - Can't open some apps - Can't use the start menu - No idea...
  8. Security issue - can't access apps and files.

Security issue - can't access apps and files.: Can't use my computer properly since I tried to change some file/folder security settings. Does anyone know how to reset ALL file and folder permissions to their defaults? Or any other way to fix this?Main issues: - Can't open some apps - Can't use the start menu - No idea...
  9. Can't Uninstall An App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Uninstall An App: Amazon has a downloadable app called Kindle Create. No matter how many times I uninstall it, it won't install. I know this because I test it. I enter "Kindle Create" in the search bar and it shows up. How do I get rid of it?...
  10. I can't uninstall an app!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't uninstall an app!: My younger brother tried downloading "Fortnite" on my laptop and downloaded "Epic Games Launcher" and I tried uninstalling it but it just says that it is running and the Setup Wizard cannot continue. I have looked all over my laptop and it is not open anywhere. I do not know...