Windows 10: can't access file directory in my local D drive

Discus and support can't access file directory in my local D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying install a certain program in a file directory that's in my local d Drive that is separate from my c drive, but every time I try to run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pablosandoval4, Jan 27, 2019.

1. can't access file directory in my local D drive

I'm trying install a certain program in a file directory that's in my local d Drive that is separate from my c drive, but every time I try to run the set up it gives me an error saying, set up failed to create file directory error 5: Access denied. would really need help on this. I have two drives by the way.

That's all that shows when I go to this pc, I would like to able to install programs just like in my local c drive can't access file directory in my local D drive 5f1112cb-99eb-4b38-ace6-6e295aaabc16?upload=true.png

:)

pablosandoval4, Jan 27, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Unable to access Local Disks (Ccan't access file directory in my local D drive :), (Dcan't access file directory in my local D drive :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2019
  4. can't access file directory in my local D drive

CHKDSK interrupted - now can't access Drive D:

Thank-you for your suggestions.

I've run the trouble shooter twice. It says that it fixed problems and needed a restart but Drive D: still can't be accessed.

I changed the drive letter but this didn't help either.

However, File Explorer will load but it takes a very long time. (Probably because it is trying to search for the D: drive. The drive appears in File Explorer but when accessed gives the error message "file directory is corrupt or unreadable".

The Format option is still grayed out in Disk Management but it does seem to be available when right clicking the drive in File Explorer.

Do I have any options other than reformatting?

dss_cottage, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

can't access file directory in my local D drive

1. can't access file directory in my local D drive - Similar Threads - can't access file

2. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping drive D to a directory: Is there a way I can map drive D -- not drive X, Y, Z, or J -- to a directory?To avoid a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to map a drive. I know how to do that. I'm asking if there's a way to map a particular drive that is not in the File Manager > Computer > Map network...
  3. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping drive D to a directory: Is there a way I can map drive D -- not drive X, Y, Z, or J -- to a directory?To avoid a misunderstanding, I am not asking how to map a drive. I know how to do that. I'm asking if there's a way to map a particular drive that is not in the File Manager > Computer > Map network...
  4. Mapping drive D to a directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Access E: Local Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access E: Local Drive.: For a little while now, some games on my pc haven't been started on steam. I found that it was download on my Local Drive E: but I cant access my E drive anymore. If there is any chance that I can get directions on how to get into this drive, that would be a great...
  6. Can't Access E: Local Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access E: Local Drive.: For a little while now, some games on my pc haven't been started on steam. I found that it was download on my Local Drive E: but I cant access my E drive anymore. If there is any chance that I can get directions on how to get into this drive, that would be a great...
  7. Can't access D: removable drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access D: removable drive.: I'm trying to connect my iPod Nano to my laptop, however when I try to connect it, it appears under the Devices and Drives tab in the This PC section of the File Explorer for a few seconds, then disappears. When I unplug the iPod, it makes the USB disconnect noise, so it's...
  8. My Seagate Expansion 1TB on File history D is not accessible. The file or directory is...

My Seagate Expansion 1TB on File history D is not accessible. The file or directory is...: When I'm trying to access my FileHistory, my File History D drive got corrupted and unreadable. But C:\ File History still readable. My Seagate Expansion 1TB health is below: Crystal DIsk Info: [ATTACH] Full scan HD Tune yesterday: [ATTACH] HDSentinel: [ATTACH] When...
  9. Can't access local disc D

Can't access local disc D: I had two discs in my computer. A local disc C containing window files and other local disc D contain documents, movies etc. but my local disc D is not opening for a long time. I tried many thing and restarted several times but it didn't work. when I try to open this it...
  10. OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive

OneDrive files not accessible on my local drive: Hello. I am trying to repurpose my wife's old all-in-one for our middle schooler. I am trying to copy the files from her OneDrive to an external hard drive. OneDrive went through the whole copy process and didn't copy a single file directly to the external drive. So I...