Windows 10: Can't access files - may be a Windows or OneDrive error

Discus and support Can't access files - may be a Windows or OneDrive error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hope someone can help, I am having issues accessing my own files following reinstalling Windows 10 yesterday. It's to do with photographs, the path is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RussWWFC, May 17, 2020.

1. RussWWFC Win User

Can't access files - may be a Windows or OneDrive error

Hope someone can help, I am having issues accessing my own files following reinstalling Windows 10 yesterday.

It's to do with photographs, the path is D:\Onedrive\Pictures

In my image viewing programme or File Explorer, some files appear as thumbnails as before and open fine, others just have a generic icon.

When I go to open them, Windows throws up an error message saying that I don't have permission to view the files and to contact an administrator or the owner of the file.

I'm not sure if OneDrive has deleted the files locally or something has gone wrong because when I plug my external hard disk into my Chromebook, I can't see any OneDrive folder.

Luckily, all is in tact on OneDrive online and I'm currently downloading the folder to my PC, though obviously it's taking a fair amount of time with there being 40GB worth.

:)

RussWWFC, May 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 17, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, May 17, 2020
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Thema:

1. Can't access files - may be a Windows or OneDrive error - Similar Threads - Can't access files

2. Can't access onedrive account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access onedrive account: O can't access my onedrive account now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-onedrive-account/898376b8-1778-4583-ae41-2861a07a68ae
  3. Can't access onedrive account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access onedrive account: O can't access my onedrive account now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-onedrive-account/898376b8-1778-4583-ae41-2861a07a68ae
  4. Can't access Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Onedrive: Hi all,I'm experiencing some issues with my Onedrive app, when I try to sign in and I click on the button, the window disappears and nothing happens. Following the screenshot that of the window that I'm referring to.Instead, if I try to sign in directly on browser, I can...
  5. Can't access Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Onedrive: Hi all,I'm experiencing some issues with my Onedrive app, when I try to sign in and I click on the button, the window disappears and nothing happens. Following the screenshot that of the window that I'm referring to.Instead, if I try to sign in directly on browser, I can...
  6. Error "windows can't access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error "windows can't access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...: So, i wanted to edit a file in minecraftUWP. when searching on google, i found a registry file that could allow my access to windowsApps, but it didn't do anything and i removed it. then, everything pre-installed on windows gave me an error. "windows can't access the...
  7. I can't access my OneDrive files after moving OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't access my OneDrive files after moving OneDrive folder: I thought I moved my OneDrive files from drive C drive to drive D drive simply by moving the folder. I reinstalled Windows on drive C, which created a new OneDrive folder. I then tried to move the files from the older OneDrive folder on drive D but they all have gray X's on...
  8. Can't access Onedrive

Can't access Onedrive: I am using Windows 10 and have installed all the latest updates. Onedrive no longer backs up my files, and when I try to go into Onedrive I get a screen saying my browser does not accept cookies - when I check MS Edge default browser it says there are no blocked sites. What...
  9. OneDrive cannot connect to Windows error when accessing files

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive cannot connect to Windows error when accessing files: [ATTACH]If you are using OneDrive’s Files On-Demand feature to access files without downloading them to your PC, you might come across an error saying OneDrive […] This article OneDrive cannot connect to Windows error when accessing files first appeared on...
  10. Can't access OneDrive

Can't access OneDrive: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing OneDrive on all my devices (MacBook, PC, iPhone). I don't seem to be able to sign in. I'm able to sign in on onedrive.live.com, but I can't access my files or pictures; I get the message "Something went wrong". What is going on?...