Windows 10: Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

Discus and support Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer files are screwed up. My files and applications say: "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object""you do not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cantfigureit, May 13, 2022.

1. Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

My computer files are screwed up. My files and applications say: "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object""you do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user""windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."I Alt+Enter for Properties, go into Security: "You must have Read permissions to view the properties of this object. Click Advanced to continue"...I click Advanced... "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object.

:)

Cantfigureit, May 13, 2022

2. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, May 13, 2022
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, May 13, 2022
  4. arassami Win User

Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

don"t open game in win10i

I am game player.(sniper fury)in win10.but to day don"t opening game.or close after 2-3 secend.3 the back to last morning by recovery poin .but nothing

*** Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate category ***

arassami, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

1. Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an... - Similar Threads - Can't access files

2. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  3. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  4. Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access files or applications, don't have the "appropriate permissions" "even as an...: My computer files are screwed up. My files and applications say: "You must have read permissions to view the properties of this object""you do not have permission to view this object's security properties, even as an administrative user""windows cannot access the specified...
  5. "You don't have permission to access...." error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You don't have permission to access...." error: I'm trying to download my tax transcript from IRS web site and receive this error on my fully updated Windows 10 laptop, no matter which browser I use Edge, Chrome, Safari.You don't have permission to access...
  6. Error in Explorer.exe You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in Explorer.exe You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item: Hello ,Please help me how to fix this [Original Title: Explorer.exe] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-in-explorerexe-you-may-not-have-the/e16b41bc-e685-40d7-8b87-560f1f5d6090
  7. Can't access certain files because I don't have the correct permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access certain files because I don't have the correct permissions: I've recently downloaded a file and every time I try to open it I get an error message saying "Windows cannot access the specifies device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I already checked the security of the file in properties...
  8. you cannot access the file, path ,you may have appropriate permissions to access the file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    you cannot access the file, path ,you may have appropriate permissions to access the file: when i turned my pc on it showed a blue screen and and started automatic repair finnally it booted into windows but my start menu, tool bar, action center didn't work i tried sfc/scannow command it didn't work i tried DSIM command and tried sfc/scannow they succeded but my...
  9. You may not have the appropriate permissions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You may not have the appropriate permissions.: So, windows just updated and now I can't open any Microsoft files. This ripped a ringer in my college classes. So now that I've missed a bit of assignments searching through forums and trying every possible thing. Here I am, between a rock and a hard place....
  10. "You don't have permission to access this folder"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "You don't have permission to access this folder": I can't use my USBs and hard drives because of this. Every time I try to connect USBs and hardrive the same message keeps coming up. I've tried to fix it "following step by step by step tutorials from everywhere but it just won't get fixed. I'm sick and tired of it. I need...