Windows 10: Can't access files restored from wd passport

Discus and support Can't access files restored from wd passport in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have looked at the numerous inquiries on this subject. Most are old and the suggestions do not coincide with the menu selections. So, I will try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by problemnewpc, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Can't access files restored from wd passport

I have looked at the numerous inquiries on this subject. Most are old and the suggestions do not coincide with the menu selections. So, I will try this.

• New computer HP pavillion
    • Windows 10
    • Backup files stored on wd passport
    • restored the files to the new pc
    • can't view, access,
    • message that I don't have permission
    • tried to change permission
    • did not work

:)

problemnewpc, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Pied Win User

Windows 10 Restore using WD Passport Ultra external drive

I have the version 1607 of Windows 10. I have connected a WD Passport Ultra external drive to it which is recognized by the Windows Explorer. In the Control Panel I have selected the Backup and Restore (Windows 7), and have selected Create a System Image.
    The Backup software shows the WD Passport Ultra drive under the hard drive selection. I ok the backup and the software puts the system image (?) on the WD Passport Ultra. After the Create a System Image is complete, I am then able to use the Windows Explorer
    to see the files/folders that the Create a System Image co to it.

Now while in the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) I select under Restore I select another backup to restore files from. This gives me the Restore Files (Advanced) popup. The popup shows a window that indicates if the backup location isn't listed below to
    connect the drive and select refresh. It also offers the option to Browse a network location. So I browse and find the WD Passport Ultra drive and then select the folder with the backup files in it. Unfortunately it is at this point that the software responds
    that it cannot find a backup file. So despite the fact that the Backup software put it on the WD Passport Ultra, the Restore software doesn't want to recognize it as backup software. So at this point making a System Image ends up being a waste of time since
    it can't be restored unless someone knows how to get around this.

Thanks.

3. BillOrrTX Win User
    WD Passport

How can I open a WD My Passport to view my files

BillOrrTX, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Can't access files restored from wd passport

WD Passport

How can I open a WD My Passport to view my files

AuntieWild, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Can't access files restored from wd passport

1. Can't access files restored from wd passport - Similar Threads - Can't access files

2. WD passport can't be accessed in explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD passport can't be accessed in explorer Windows 11: I have a WD passport HDD that has files on it. I plugged it into my new computer running Windows 11. I can see the passport in device manager and it shows in disk management, but it doesn't show in explorer. I need to access some files on the drive....
  3. WD passport can't be accessed in explorer Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WD passport can't be accessed in explorer Windows 11: I have a WD passport HDD that has files on it. I plugged it into my new computer running Windows 11. I can see the passport in device manager and it shows in disk management, but it doesn't show in explorer. I need to access some files on the drive....
  4. cant open files saved on WD passport

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open files saved on WD passport: When I open my files on my WD passport, I can open PDF files and some MP3 files. but I can't open any word documents or other videos. All my pictures, music and documents have been saved on the WD passport under: C, users, leanne me, one drive. The files of my documents,...
  5. cant open files saved on WD passport

cant open files saved on WD passport: When I open my files on my WD passport, I can open PDF files and some MP3 files. but I can't open any word documents or other videos. All my pictures, music and documents have been saved on the WD passport under: C, users, leanne me, one drive. The files of my documents,...
  6. WD passport Not recognize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD passport Not recognize: i have hp pavilion dv5 notebook pc, & it d foes not recognize my WD passport, it shows the driver, & it says that it's working ok, go to my computer & it shows disk F, disk G disk C, but it does not shoe a letter for my WD passport,...
  7. WD passport Not recognize

WD passport Not recognize: i have hp pavilion dv5 notebook pc, & it d foes not recognize my WD passport, it shows the driver, & it says that it's working ok, go to my computer & it shows disk F, disk G disk C, but it does not shoe a letter for my WD passport,...
  8. WD My Passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Passport: Hi. I have just purchased a Microsoft Laptop which unfortunately won't read my WD My Passport. does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport/b3cf90e5-c78b-4104-a67e-e25c5faea50a
  9. restoring my files from wd passport

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restoring my files from wd passport: My old computer completely died but I made backups using control panel to my wd passport. How do I transfer the programs/files from the passport to my new compter?...
  10. wd passport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wd passport: I reloaded my windows 10 after a crash . But the WD password does not seems to find my files to be downloaded back to the PC . Even the WD program disappeared from the drive . What I have to do to get my files back ?...