Windows 10: Can't access FTP folder on Windows

Discus and support Can't access FTP folder on Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to transfer some files from my PC to my Amazon firestick. On the firestick I downloaded ES File Explorer File Manager and activated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maypher, May 7, 2020.

1. Maypher Win User

Can't access FTP folder on Windows

I'm trying to transfer some files from my PC to my Amazon firestick. On the firestick I downloaded ES File Explorer File Manager and activated the remote access. When I copy the ftp link on my web browser I get the "your internet access is blocked" error and when trying to access it through the File Explorer I get an error saying "FTP Folder error. Windows cannot access this folder. Make sure you typed the file name correctly and that you have permission to access the folder. Details: A connection to the server could not be established". I'm sure the name is correct. So why am I getting this error and how can I fix it?

:)

Maypher, May 7, 2020

2. Remote access to my (local) server's folders

I am running a simple local fileserver. Windows based.

I would like to access (load, save, modify) what's on this server when I am away on business trips. Laptop -- internet -- router - server

What is the best way to do this? Setup WebDAV or ftp-server or something else? I would prefer direct access, ie. being able to load/save from an application rather than using ftp as a separate step.

Completely Bonkers, May 7, 2020
  3. Ross211 Win User
    Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, May 7, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't access FTP folder on Windows - Similar Threads - Can't access FTP

2. can't access folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access folder.: i try to clean my defender history but i can't access this folderhttps://youtu.be/c74LYFHDvpw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-folder/7beab0f0-317f-459b-810e-9fcff0d9fae8
  3. can't access folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't access folder.: i try to clean my defender history but i can't access this folderhttps://youtu.be/c74LYFHDvpw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-folder/7beab0f0-317f-459b-810e-9fcff0d9fae8
  4. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  5. Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access FTP with FTP folder error: Windows cannot access this folder.: My client would like to map their ftp folder for each user. When they try map or add a network location, they get FTP Folder Error: Windows cannot access this folder. I used to map FTP as a drive. It works on Windows 10. Now, I try both Windows 10 and 11, all of them get the...
  6. Windows 10 firewall FTP access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 firewall FTP access: Windows 10 Pro in Workgroup 20H2FTP running on desktopHave default rules and intermittently the access via Private will get blocked. Why?Please don't respond unless you are familiar with ftp and the rulesSee log and screen shots below2021-08-17 14:47:16 DROP TCP 68.241.41.222...
  7. FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10

FTP folder not auto refresh in Windows 10: Hi all, I have a ftp folder in Windows 10. The ftp folder doesn't auto refresh. I need to press F5 to make it fresh. Even I close the folder and reopen it, the folder didn't refresh itself. However, the folder can auto refresh in Windows 7. Is it a default behaviour for...
  8. FTP Access IIS

FTP Access IIS: Hi I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could...
  9. FTP accessibility

in Browsers and Email
    FTP accessibility: Both I.E. and EDGE "can't find the page" at L: ftp://ftp.server.com/username Firefox has no problem with access. How can that limitation be overcome in those browsers? 83588
  10. FTP Access through File Explorer

FTP Access through File Explorer: I mapped a network drive to my webserver using an FTP address. Now when I open the mapped drive in File Explorer and navigate to a folder and then try to open a file it won't open in anything but Chrome which then displays a blank page. I can't open a text file or a jpg or...