Windows 10: Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows

Discus and support Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I had downloaded a game from Microsoft Store - War and Magic. It was bound to my Microsoft Store account and automatically saved the game's... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by RahulKottoor, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows

Hi,

I had downloaded a game from Microsoft Store - War and Magic. It was bound to my Microsoft Store account and automatically saved the game's progress.

I reinstalled Windows preserving system files and downloaded the game from Microsoft Store again. Microsoft Store account used to sign in is same as before. Now when I open the game it starts from the beginning and I am not able to recover the user account progress.

Could anybody please help me in recovering the game data?

Thank you,

Rahul

:)

RahulKottoor, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows :(

Zakin, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows

Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows

1. Can't access game user account after reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Can't access game

2. Can't access user account on Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't access user account on Windows 10: I set up an account for my wife to use my computer ages ago, using her outlook.com login, but she never tried to use it. Now she does wish to use it, but her account name does not appear in the start menu. As administrator, I can see her account under the...
  3. Can't access computer after Windows 10 reinstallation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access computer after Windows 10 reinstallation.: I have tried to reinstall windows using the method in the settings. When it had reinstalled it wouldn't connect to the internet despite being connected via Ethernet and wouldn't accept any of my passwords. I then did another fresh install of Windows but deleting all my files...
  4. Accessing User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing User accounts: Where can I access and switch between users on my Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-user-accounts/280f1b96-13f3-4a18-94e5-85872de42a99
  5. can't access my local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't access my local user account: I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean...
  6. User accounts no longer accessible after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User accounts no longer accessible after update: Literally overnight, there is only 1 out of 4 user accounts that are accessible via login - the other three accounts are not even an option. What happened?!...
  7. Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts?

Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts?: Hi - this user accounts area has stumped me - can you help? I have downloaded a number of games from the Microsoft store. But on my pc I have a child user account for my three children via the Microsoft family accounts windows 10 online software. How do I make the games I...
  8. Access user accounts

Access user accounts: I have forgotten an administrator account password and am not even able to get past the "user accounts" in Control Panel" without it. I don't log on to Windows with this account anyway! 26680
  9. Windows 10 Pro can't access user account

Windows 10 Pro can't access user account: Hello, I hope someone can help, I booted up my PC today and it won't complete the log in process, I get to the log in, enter my password, hit enter and it just sits there with my user name and welcome with the little dots spinning around. I have 3 other unused accounts on...
  10. Users account access

Users account access: Hi I wanted to delete stuff from my ext hard drive but kept saying I didn't have access as I wasn't an administrator I am only one using this system but when I saw the list in security settings there seem to be about 3 unknown users. Is it ok to delete them without messing...