Windows 10: Can't Access gpedit

Discus and support Can't Access gpedit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First i was getting the error that i can't access the gpedit because i'm not admin. My windows 10 acc is admin so i don't get it why won't windows let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pandapanda, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Can't Access gpedit

First i was getting the error that i can't access the gpedit because i'm not admin. My windows 10 acc is admin so i don't get it why won't windows let me edit gpedit. I browsed the internet for days and didn't find a solution, i then deleted Registry.pol from system32 and now i'm getting this error

Can't Access gpedit [​IMG]

:)

pandapanda, Sep 16, 2018

2. GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Sep 16, 2018
  3. rcfast Win User
    Help, I screwed up with gpedit

I was trying to restrict access on a computer for the primary login. I wanted to make it so that the only thing that could be accessed is one program. Well I managed to do this with gpedit, however I was under the impression that what you edited with gpedit only took effect on the name you are logged in under. I was wrong and it applied it to all the accounts including the two administrator accounts. So I have 2 questions, how can I reverse what I did, right now I can only access on program but nothing else. The second question is whats the right way to restrict everything but one program. Please help ASAP, there are going to be some angry people if I don't get this fixed soon.

rcfast, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Can't Access gpedit

Help, I screwed up with gpedit

It sounds like you used gpedit UNDER administrator privileges! Oohps.

There may be a work around. I tried once... propagating "full access" to everything under the c: drive. This allows you access to all data and to create backups. But all the rights are now set to max... so you will then need to fix each user account, and possibly each resource right. A headache. Once you've backed up your data, reinstall the OS.

If you find an easier approach to "repair" security, please post here.

lemonadesoda, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Can't Access gpedit

1. Can't Access gpedit - Similar Threads - Can't Access gpedit

2. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  3. I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my regedit, gpedit and cmd: Hi everyone.BackgroundSo i happened to have an issues where suddenly a couple of blue PowerShell windows would pop-up on my screen and disappear before I could even read anything. So I suspected that it might be some sneaky virus. So I tried everything. Scanned my system with...
  4. gpedit not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    gpedit not found: Hello - I can't change my lock screen and don't have access to gp edit. What can I do? Thanks, Gretchen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gpedit-not-found/e1ec3d6d-1285-47e7-b3e8-a7a0a39ac947
  5. Gpedit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  6. gpedit corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gpedit corrupted: I reinstalled windows again recently due to corruptions. When I reinstalled gpedit was working just fine. After one restart, the "Administrative Templates" part broke and went without a name. Instead of expanding into other subcategories, it expanded into few folders that...
  7. Reset gpedit?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  8. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  9. Gpedit problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit problem: I just repair installed win 10 32 1607. Some things were messed up but I've been able to correct most. However I saw a recent post on how to remove Cortana. https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...e-cortana.html. One suggestion was to use gpedit. But when I started gpedit,msc...
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access gpedit