Windows 10: Can't access hard drive

Discus and support Can't access hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Im running w10 on an EliteBook. Local disk drive C with a capacity of 30gb is now full. There is a second drive New Volume D with 285gb capacity but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarryT99, Sep 9, 2019.

1. BarryT99 Win User

Can't access hard drive

Hi Im running w10 on an EliteBook. Local disk drive C with a capacity of 30gb is now full. There is a second drive New Volume D with 285gb capacity but despite switching where content is saved, this doesn't happen. I have tried formatting to no avail Anyone got any ideas.

:)

BarryT99, Sep 9, 2019
  2. DannibusX Win User

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Can't access hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Can't access hard drive

1. Can't access hard drive - Similar Threads - Can't access hard

2. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  3. Can't access external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access external hard drive.: When I try to see movies that I have on the 1TB drive I get the following message.Virtual Disk Manager.Data error Cyclic Redundancy CheckIt doesn't show up in explorer so I can't even format it.Any suggestions.Thanks in advance.Peter....
  4. Can't access Windows games on hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows games on hard drive: I recently got a new laptop and I was using a hard drive on my old laptop with 700G of games and stuff on it. I plugged in the hard drive thinking all the games I had on it would be instantly playable, but nothing was there. I tried finding answers and I found nothing. I...
  5. Can't access Windows games on hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Windows games on hard drive: I recently got a new laptop and I was using a hard drive on my old laptop with 700G of games and stuff on it. I plugged in the hard drive thinking all the games I had on it would be instantly playable, but nothing was there. I tried finding answers and I found nothing. I...
  6. Can't access Windows games on hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can't access external hard drive

can't access external hard drive: Hello, A few days ago I purchased a brand new Lenovo Ideapad laptop (Win ver 1909), and when I tried to transfer my files via my external WD hard drive, I could see the drive as a partition (don't remember how I found that) and I could hear it running, but it didn't show up...
  8. Can't access external hard drive

Can't access external hard drive: Yes, it is visible in Device Manager. Yes, the "best drivers" are already installed. Yes to every unhelpful "reply" from Microsoft LITTERED around this forum. Yet I still cannot open the drive. HOW DO I ACCESS MY EXTERNAL DRIVE?1?! This is clearly a known issues that you...
  9. Can't access one of my Hard drive...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access one of my Hard drive...: OK, so I'm just done resetting my PC and when I'm trying to install program on my (F:) hard drive a message pop up saying : ''you need to confirm this operation'' -I then press continue and another message pop up : ''you need permission to perform this action''... I have...
  10. Can't Access External Hard Drive

Can't Access External Hard Drive: I can't access my external hard drive from my laptop. But when connect to other laptop using win 7 it easily open. [img] Drive E not showing NTFS file system. [img] Pop up when I tried to open Drive E. This is so frustrating Its not my external HD fault and I...