Windows 10: Can't Access Homegroup

Discus and support Can't Access Homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have a new L/T, can access the Internet but can't join an existing Home group to use my printer Believe that the existing HG doesn't exist anymore.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdBignell, Sep 30, 2018.

1. EdBignell Win User

Can't Access Homegroup

Have a new L/T, can access the Internet but can't join an existing Home group to use my printer

Believe that the existing HG doesn't exist anymore. Help!

:)

EdBignell, Sep 30, 2018

2. cannot access homegroup

Hi Ziggy,

Perhaps the latest update has caused changes to PC which is why you are now unable to access the HomeGroup you created. We suggest that you recreate the homegroup instead. For the steps on how to create a homegroup, refer to this article
    here.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Patricia Yu, Sep 30, 2018
  3. create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Can't Access Homegroup

Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Can't Access Homegroup

1. Can't Access Homegroup - Similar Threads - Can't Access Homegroup

2. SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10: Made a Win10 update recently. As expected, HomeGroup is removed from the updated version. Here's my problem, with the previous build have the HomeGroup in which my SmartTV can access directly to Win10-PC and play the Media files shared in HomeGroup. After the build update...
  3. how to access "homegroup" in windows 10?

how to access "homegroup" in windows 10?: how to access "homegroup" in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-homegroup-in-windows-10/f913a138-178c-4495-9e95-855adb7d8b4f
  4. can't connect to the homegroup

can't connect to the homegroup: Hello! At home we have 4 PCs, I used to share file using homegroups without any issues. just three days ago, I had to reinstall the windows on an HP Mini, and after that it couldn't connect to the homegroup, instead it says Create a homegroup. I have tried: -to clean the...
  5. Can see and access on Homegroup but not network.

Can see and access on Homegroup but not network.: Everything was fine until this week. suddenly I can't see any computers on my network except the one running win 7. I can access and see every one through the homegroup but all the computers running Win 10 (Pro) are invisible on network, but visible and accessible if I select...
  6. I can't access my homegroup anymore

I can't access my homegroup anymore: When I try to use my homegroup, I get a message "Enter network credentials." I never needed this before and don't know what the credentials are. The system doesn't provide a way to retrieve my user name and password. How can I do this? Thanks. 33066
  7. Can't get Homegroup Password

Can't get Homegroup Password: Hi, I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. However, the new install still recognizes the old homegroup and I didn't write down the password. Now I can't change the password. When I open up the homegroup window, I can join, change sharing settings, but I can't change...
  8. Can't Join or Delete Homegroup

Can't Join or Delete Homegroup: I have a 3 PC ("Server" and two others) home network. On my Server, OLDLOCALUSER created a Homegroup in Win7. I upgraded all 3 PCs from Win7 to Win10. On my Server, I changed my OLDLOCALUSER to NEWMSACCOUNT. I also created NEWMSACCOUNT on the two other PCs. I lost the...
  9. No homegroup access

No homegroup access: Hello I have set up home network behind a router. every basic operations as folders sharing work but when I try from Windows 10 machine to join homegroup created from another computer running Windows 8.1 the operation is unsuccessfull. The homegroup was firstly created on...
  10. machine can't be added to Homegroup

machine can't be added to Homegroup: I upgraded several workstations .. one from 8.1 and another on an HP laptop from win 7 , as well as a fresh install of win 10 on a third., all 64bit machines. After a lot of hassle I got the homegroup working on all but the machine that was on w7 earlier ... (It worked before...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access homegroup

2. i cant access homegroup in windows 10

3. homegroup doesnt exist anymore

4. cant access or create a homegroup 2018