Windows 10: Can't Access Indexing Options

Discus and support Can't Access Indexing Options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a fairly old laptop (4th gen i7) running Windows 10 1903. For a while now, I've been unable to access any indexing options, such as through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Abhishek72, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Can't Access Indexing Options

I'm using a fairly old laptop (4th gen i7) running Windows 10 1903. For a while now, I've been unable to access any indexing options, such as through the control panel or the indexing troubleshooter. In the control panel, for example, the "Indexing Options Control Panel" does show up, but its icon is just a sheet of paper and doesn't respond to any clicks. I've done some basic troubleshooting such as running sfc and dism scans to no avail.

:)

Abhishek72, Oct 29, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 29, 2019
  3. pepanee Win User
    Indexing options does not respond

Hi, ignore my post right above this. You don't need to post a screenshot.

First, make sure you tried this method:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-fix-solutions
    Look what it says under Windows 10. Follow along that tutorial.
    After completion, restart your computer and check Indexing Options

If that didn't work:

I found two other methods for you that you should try. They're a little advanced, yet the steps are very simple to follow since there is picture tutorials of it. But please be very careful and follow the steps exactly and follow along with the pictures!
    Go here: Repairing Windows Search Indexer Problems

There are 14 items listed under contents.

Press #12 Indexer Registry Fix.
    Follow along with that tutorial EXACTLY with the pictures that help you follow along.
    After restarting the computer, check Indexing Options

If that didn't work

Press #13 Delete Search Index Folder.
    After restarting the computer, check Indexing Options

pepanee, Oct 29, 2019
  4. IzWebUsr Win User

Can't Access Indexing Options

OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Can't Access Indexing Options

1. Can't Access Indexing Options - Similar Threads - Can't Access Indexing

2. Indexing Options File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing Options File Explorer: Hi Everybody, I'm having a problem with the "Indexing Options/Advanced/File Types". Namely that this screen is blank. There are no files listed. I've tried reindexing, troubleshooting, sfc, Dism, restoring to a previous state etc, all to no avail. There are just no files...
  3. Can't access energy options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access energy options: Got a new Surface Pro 7 yesterday. Installed it but for some reason I can't access the energy options anymore. If I go through the settings app thewindow just closes. If I do Win + X and chosse energy options I get a error. systemsettings.exe 0xc0000005 unexpected...
  4. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  5. Can't Access Sign-in Options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Access Sign-in Options: https://reddit.com/link/imsp39/video/60w4nw82h8l51/player Windows 10 2004 19041.450 already tried sfc and dism, not working also making new user doesn't fix that have tried safe mode too submitted by /u/lala2milo [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't find my main hard drive on Indexing Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find my main hard drive on Indexing Options: I tried searching for a file on my computer and whenever I clicked on it, it just took me to This PC. I then looked at my Indexing Options and only my second disk and Internet Explorer History were there. I clicked on Modify and still couldn't find my main hard drive. I then...
  7. Indexing Options removed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing Options removed: I have been using Windows Index search for years. I have all my data in one directory on my D:\. I have set the indexing options to include this location and some others. Recently Windows has been dropping my selections and reverting to the default locations. I have reset my...
  8. Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Indexing Options, the "Exclusion List": Windows 10; Build 11082. WHERE is the DATA folder located? I am trying to remove it from the exclusion list. [img] 34751
  9. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....
  10. file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

in Windows 10 Support
    file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open: Hi, I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options, In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding Any help? 86164