Windows 10: Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

Discus and support Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I started my laptop as usual but I am unable to see my secondary HDD, only primary system C drive is accessible. When I open disk management only the C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JaiSMeena, Feb 21, 2022.

1. JaiSMeena Win User

Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

I started my laptop as usual but I am unable to see my secondary HDD, only primary system C drive is accessible. When I open disk management only the C drive is shown but not the HDD D drive1std Pic. I am getting this notification when I open a folder from "quick access" that is in the HDD D drive2nd Pic. I have tried everything but the HDD drive won't show anywhere. Please help.

:)

JaiSMeena, Feb 21, 2022
  2. daz.2011 Win User

Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.

Hi. I am unable to access the secondary HDD in my PC. the drive shows in disk management but shows as an empty drive but there is data on it which i need for my business. I have tried the basics and still cant access the drive. Thanks

daz.2011, Feb 21, 2022
  3. Internal SATA HDD not appearing in disk management console

I recently upgraded the booting drive from a mechanical HDD to a solid state disk. I have a second internal 2TB mechanical HDD. After installing Windows, I cannot access the disk! Neither does it appear in disk management console, nor in Windows Explorer.

Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management. 79fe5541-e0bc-4278-aa50-bdf090987279?upload=true.jpg

Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management. 37eec559-84ba-4426-a07c-475fb5300145?upload=true.jpg

But I can view the second disk from the device manager console

Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management. c4706683-b190-45de-956f-e81a13b8ecac?upload=true.jpg

Can anyone please help?

Saswata Banerjee, Feb 21, 2022
  4. Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

HDDs Listed Twice in File Explorer & Device Manager

I did a clean install of win 10 on a new SSD. Everything appears to have gone well except the assigning of drive letters. I have 4 HDDs that were assigned drive letters E, F, G, & H in win 7. When I added them to the win 10 install they were assigned
    drive letters J – M and the USB3 drives were assigned drive letters D – G. I need my HDDs to have drive letters E – H because some of my software expects data to be on those drives. In Disk Management I changed the drive letters of the HDDs and USBs to
    reflect drive letters of E – H for the HDDs. While looking at File Explorer I discovered that the HDDs are all listed twice. I looked in Device Manager and the HDDs and the USBs are listed there as Disk Drives and as Portable Devices.

The USBs don’t show up in File Explorer unless there is a drive plugged into them, although the box in Folder Options “Hide empty drives” is not checked.

Is anyone out there aware of this problem and a solution for it?

My hardware is Intel i7 3770 on an ASUS p8z77 - v pro motherboard.

LeonardJames, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

1. Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management. - Similar Threads - Can't access Internal

2. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  3. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...: Hello, I had to reinstall my windows on a 1TB SSD and before it could see the drive just fine. Now when I reinstalled it, it does show my internal HDD but I can't access any of its files. Disk management says its a 2TB drive with assigned letter and name. It also says that...
  4. Internal HDD shown in explorer and marked as NTFS but I can't access it's files or see the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  6. Internal HDD not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD not accessible: I bought HP Notebook on 31 March 2021 from authorized dealer City Computer Resources with following details:Batch HP 15S DY3001TUIntel I3 11th Gen processor8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 15.6’FHDWin10Home, MS Office Home & Student 2019With 1 year warranty. I was using the notebook very...
  7. Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.: I started my laptop as usual but I am unable to see my secondary HDD, only primary system C drive is accessible. When I open disk management only the C drive is shown but not the HDD D drive1std Pic. I am getting this notification when I open a folder from "quick access" that...
  8. Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Internal HDD from file explorer or disk management.: I started my laptop as usual but I am unable to see my secondary HDD, only primary system C drive is accessible. When I open disk management only the C drive is shown but not the HDD D drive1std Pic. I am getting this notification when I open a folder from "quick access" that...
  9. HDD missing from file Explorer. But can be found in device manager and disk managment

HDD missing from file Explorer. But can be found in device manager and disk managment: HelloI was using my computer which is windows 10.i went to play a game and had to re download it as my HHD was no longer in the file explorer.Although i can see it in device manager and disk management,in disk management it is now un-allocated, previously it was my "E"...
  10. Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.

Unable to access internal HDD, shows in disk management but not explorer.: Hi. I am unable to access the secondary HDD in my PC. the drive shows in disk management but shows as an empty drive but there is data on it which i need for my business. I have tried the basics and still cant access the drive. Thanks...