Windows 10: can't access internet through mobile hotspot.

Discus and support can't access internet through mobile hotspot. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i recently activated Mobile hotspot option in my windows 10 pro in my laptop. but when i try to access the wifi from my mobile device ,it gives the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AshishMoroney, Nov 22, 2018.

1. can't access internet through mobile hotspot.

i recently activated Mobile hotspot option in my windows 10 pro in my laptop.

but when i try to access the wifi from my mobile device ,it gives the message as "obtaining IP address" but it never connects.

i even tried with through other devices but the same problem occurs.

how can i connect to the mobile hotspot's internet access from my mobile phone?

:)

AshishMoroney, Nov 22, 2018

2. Mobile hotspot cannot be activated because "No internet access"

Although I have internet connection, network status shows "no internet access".

That prevents using Mobile Hotspot to share the internet connection because it says "We can't set up mobile hotspot because your PC doesn't have an Ethernet, WiFi or mobile data connection".

I do remember that I could enable Mobile Hotspot even if network status was showing "no internet access".

Besides, maybe I don't want to share internet connection but I want to use remote desktop? Who cares! Even if there is no internet connection, Mobile Hotspot should be able to share the active ethernet connection, without checking if it has an internet connection or not.

Ramazan Polat, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Hi Nader,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is connectivity issues.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "there is no internet access", are you getting any error message on the phone when it is connected to the network?

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Help Article about mobile hotspot.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and Click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Then click on Network Adapter.

5. Then click on Next and follow the instructions.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Joe Men Win User

can't access internet through mobile hotspot.

Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Network & wireless.
    • Tap Mobile hotspot.
    • Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

can't access internet through mobile hotspot.

1. can't access internet through mobile hotspot. - Similar Threads - can't access internet

2. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  3. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using mobile hotspot with no internet access: Here, someone else has asked this question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-with-no-internet/2e92a999-5215-46d6-8d3e-d22a22fd287a Since it is locked and no one cares anymore and since it seems the issue is still not solved, I would like to...
  4. Using mobile hotspot with no internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't access internet while connected to an android mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access internet while connected to an android mobile hotspot: I'm using Windows 10. I turned on the Mobile hotspot on my Android phone and my pc seems to connect correctly to it, but I cannot access the internet on any aplication. For example, trying to access any website on Chrome throws a NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error. When I...
  6. Can't access internet while connected to an android mobile hotspot

Can't access internet while connected to an android mobile hotspot: I'm using Windows 10. I turned on the Mobile hotspot on my Android phone and my pc seems to connect correctly to it, but I cannot access the internet on any aplication. For example, trying to access any website on Chrome throws a NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error. When I...
  7. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  8. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  9. Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access

Mobile hotspot Connected but no internet access: I am trying to use the feature of mobile hotspot while I connected to the internet by internet cable, everything is going good and when I am connected with my phone to the network created by mobile hotspot there is no internet access although there is internet access in my...
  10. mobile hotspot connected no internet access

mobile hotspot connected no internet access: my lenovo laptop mobile hotspot connected on my mobile but its showing no internet access how did i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connected-no-internet-access/32bf7c6d-c825-440e-9a20-314102d2cb0f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access the internet through my phone hot spot

2. how i connect to the internet from my mobile through hotspot