Windows 10: Can't access JPG files and other files.

Discus and support Can't access JPG files and other files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am getting "Object Server is Stopping when OLE service Contacts it" This happened after Windows 10 software automatic upgrade. I can't access or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by waterfront 5653, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Can't access JPG files and other files.

I am getting "Object Server is Stopping when OLE service Contacts it" This happened after Windows 10 software automatic upgrade.

I can't access or open JPG files and files that I have scanned previously. How can I fix this issue?

:)

waterfront 5653, Aug 11, 2020

2. Denied access to files

Nforce2 > nvidia.com. There you find drivers.

As for accessing files, take ownership.

DanTheBanjoman, Aug 11, 2020
  3. j.col70 Win User
    j.col70, Aug 11, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't access JPG files and other files.

Protecting files on a USB stick?

Even if you restrict access to read only, they can still copy the program. Read access is all copy needs.

My suggestion for simplicity is to create a small file on the drive and mark it hidden as well as marking it a system file, so even if they turn hidden files on the file won't show up. Put this file in a separate folder that is also marked as system, name the folder something random and windows important sounding. So even if they do find it, they won't know what it is and should ignore it. Then make the main program check for the file on execution and exit if the file isn't on the flash drive.

This should fool 90% of people unless they are pretty computer literate.

newtekie1, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't access JPG files and other files.

1. Can't access JPG files and other files. - Similar Threads - Can't access JPG

2. Can't save jpg files emailed to me as jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save jpg files emailed to me as jpg: This issue started all of a sudden about three weeks ago. When I receive emails containing photos in jpg format, and I want to save them to my laptop in jpg format, I can only save them as a pdf, with the only other option to change the file extension to All files. This still...
  3. Can't save jpg files emailed to me as jpg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save jpg files emailed to me as jpg: This issue started all of a sudden about three weeks ago. When I receive emails containing photos in jpg format, and I want to save them to my laptop in jpg format, I can only save them as a pdf, with the only other option to change the file extension to All files. This still...
  4. jpg files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpg files: Has anyone else had a problem opening jpg files since the 11/29 update? jpgs wouldn't open until I uninstalled that update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/10e3a9b6-3231-4718-bbcf-d28e78999765
  5. jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg files: I have some pictures that will not open due to jpg file, no instruction is complete enough to fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f9f080be-6835-4841-8ca6-d4fc33edf4ee
  6. Can't access files on other network computers

Can't access files on other network computers: I have four computers all attached to my home network. Until recently, I had been able to access documents across all my computers while attched to the home network. That has all disappeared. I can't even find the computers when I select Network in Windows Explorer. The...
  7. JPG Files

JPG Files: On my external hard drive some of the files have changed from JPEG to JPG. I did not do this change. I currently use Windows Photos to view my pictures however it does not open up the JPG files even though according to Microsoft it should. I have tried other programs as...
  8. can't open jpg file

can't open jpg file: I am not able to open a jpeg/jpg file in win 10 system which I have bought earlier while I was doing the same with the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-jpg-file/e6289ee6-ced8-44c6-807c-cddbb70db2ec"
  9. Some jpg files not supported but other are

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some jpg files not supported but other are: Hi I have transferred some pictures from my Samsung phone to my windows laptop and some of the photos open fine but others come up with an error message 'it appears that we don't support this file format' even though it is the same file format as the other photos and videos...
  10. can't open jpg files

in Windows 10 Support
    can't open jpg files: Hello i have sometimes the next problem :some of my hundrends pictures i have taken with mobile phone will not open with default windows 10 photo viewer or any third party program.All these pictures are opened correctly in the past and suddenly won't open.Appears the message...