Windows 10: Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos

Discus and support Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today I went to open up a picture and realized I couldn't get into C:\users\xxxxxxx\documents\My Pictures Get a message: Location not available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mwolfsonWX, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos

Today I went to open up a picture and realized I couldn't get into

C:\users\xxxxxxx\documents\My Pictures

Get a message:

Location not available

C;\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\My Pictures is not accessible.

Access is denied

if I right click on properties and click on the Security tab

I have permissions as both a user and the administrator

I thought I would change the permission of Everyone and click the Edit button

And it when I try to Allow everyone it lets me ...

but when I go to click on it again I get the same error messages.

The only thing I can guess is I got a Microsoft Account message about a week ago and signed in on another name. So I have two Microsoft Accounts with two different email addresses that both seem to work - so I am wondering if the "User" is somehow messed up. That being said I can get into every other folder in the documents except the "My Music, My Pictures and My Videos."

Anyway to see if the files are still there or somehow got moved?

Thanks

:)

mwolfsonWX, Jan 12, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Steve C Win User
    What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

You can't redirect the shortcut links which is the subject of the post

Steve C, Jan 12, 2020
  4. smacPZ Win User

Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos

Remove Music, Pictures, Videos folders from Documents Library?

I'm using Windows 10 and have no use for the Music, Pictures, and Videos folders that appear in the Documents library. I want to remove them, or at the very least hide them from the folder listing. It's very annoying that Windows doesn't want to let you
    do that.

To be clear, I'm not talking about removing them from the explorer left side panel. I want to stop them from showing up in the Documents list. Does anyone know a simple way to do this? Thanks.

smacPZ, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos

1. Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos - Similar Threads - Can't access libraries

2. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is it normal in Windows not to have a separate folder for Music? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know...
  3. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is that correct? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know how to do that without causing issues....
  4. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is that correct? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know how to do that without causing issues....
  5. How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I backup not move my Music and Videos libraries to OneDrive?: I am running Windows 11, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM. The OneDrive Build is 23.002.0102.0004 64-bit When I first set up the laptop in Dec 2021, my desire had been to backup all of...
  6. Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music: Hi, I have been unable to access my pictures since I moved my files to a my new computer. [img] [img] Same result trying from C:\Users\Me [img] I don't see any other way to access those folders. There are new Picture, Video and Music folders but they only show up in...
  7. Can't find my pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find my pictures and videos: Couple months ago it might be a year now I don't remember exactly windows wanted me to update but I delayed it for some time but it started harrasing my game etc so I updated it and after that when I opened my folder I found out almost every file of my pictures went missing...
  8. my music library

my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  9. What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

in Windows 10 Support
    What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos": I should know this ! Maybe old age has gotten to me and not all of my synapses connect anymore. I have been using Windows since XP and have touched every version, except 8. I spent many, many years on 7, but some how the actual implementation and purpose of theses folders...
  10. Win 10 music and picture libraries

Win 10 music and picture libraries: How do I get info to use the music and picture libraries in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-music-and-picture-libraries/df2b533d-5a31-4a32-b30a-e3f0e320c3ee"