Windows 10: Can't access local disc D

Discus and support Can't access local disc D in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had two discs in my computer. A local disc C containing window files and other local disc D contain documents, movies etc. but my local disc D is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sanakhalid1, May 16, 2020.

1. Can't access local disc D

I had two discs in my computer. A local disc C containing window files and other local disc D contain documents, movies etc. but my local disc D is not opening for a long time. I tried many thing and restarted several times but it didn't work. when I try to open this it appears as:

Can't access local disc D b7426953-4867-4054-80f8-84ab5a6ae945?upload=true.png

:)

sanakhalid1, May 16, 2020

2. Unable to access Local Disks (CCan't access local disc D :), (DCan't access local disc D :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2020
  3. EdShaffer Win User
    Local Disc D is filling up

My local disc d is filling up and none of the clean up tools seem to help. When I look inside this disc, it shows vast majority stored in the other folder which doesn't allow me to delete anything. What could be filling this disc up and how can I create
    space?

EdShaffer, May 16, 2020
  4. ngericha Win User

Can't access local disc D

access to local disk D

couldnt access my local disk D even after reinstall the window. it desplayed you need to format disk in D before you can use it

ngericha, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Can't access local disc D

1. Can't access local disc D - Similar Threads - Can't access local

2. Can I add storage to my local disc D?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I add storage to my local disc D?: I have a HP laptop and my local disc D has 157GB. I would like to play Genshin Impact on it, but it says it needs 159GB for unzipping but takes 70GB of my local disc D. I just need two more gigabytes for this game. I tried to extend volume and user unused storage something...
  3. Can I add storage to my local disc D?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I add storage to my local disc D?: I have a HP laptop and my local disc D has 157GB. I would like to play Genshin Impact on it, but it says it needs 159GB for unzipping but takes 70GB of my local disc D. I just need two more gigabytes for this game. I tried to extend volume and user unused storage something...
  4. Disc D changed to Disc E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disc D changed to Disc E: i was trying to fit my new gpu into my pc and unplugged a few cables connected to disc C and disc D. when i turn it on, my pc says that disc d is now disc E. all the files are present but the name is now disc e. none of my programs work now because they were installed on disc...
  5. Local disc D: suddenly goes missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local disc D: suddenly goes missing: [ATTACH] So my computer is new like 4 months. I have a local internal disc D: one which I have some files, games and so one. Sometimes when I'm doing some stuff my disc goes missing. I can't click on the apps that are situated on this disc D:. Here is the photo (not...
  6. Local disk D access denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local disk D access denied: How to fix this ? every i make new folder [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-d-access-denied/87950c78-4e50-43c3-bb09-faf6ea96b147
  7. access to local disk D

in Windows 10 Customization
    access to local disk D: couldnt access my local disk D even after reinstall the window. it desplayed you need to format disk in D before you can use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-local-disk-d/a3404c38-db39-4674-a641-ca10f18f170c
  8. can't access file directory in my local D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't access file directory in my local D drive: I'm trying install a certain program in a file directory that's in my local d Drive that is separate from my c drive, but every time I try to run the set up it gives me an error saying, set up failed to create file directory error 5: Access denied. would really need help on...
  9. Disc D Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disc D Repair: Does the Scanning and Repair option work or can I buy a disc repair tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-d-repair/7555a9cf-bec8-4ac0-8471-e4301946058f
  10. Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Access Local Disks (C:) and (D:): I am currently unable to access my Local Disks, or open programs inside them, such as the task manager, user account control, and even the registry editor. Attempting to open anything (With administrator priveleges) just result in an access denied message. I have tried...