Windows 10: Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

Discus and support Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10. I have administrative account also. The drive is obviously being used as i can see from task manager but i just cant access its files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hot-War6234, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

Windows 10. I have administrative account also.

The drive is obviously being used as i can see from task manager but i just cant access its files.

Previously it wasn't being used so i cloned my HDD to the SDD so now my laptop boots from it fine.

This isn't a big problem but id just like to be able to access the drive.

(When i tried using command prompt (takeown) it said it was an insecure file?)

submitted by /u/Hot-War6234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hot-War6234, Apr 1, 2021
  2. AnnieRo Win User

Disk drive inaccessible- security tab

Currently logged in as an administrator. I receive the error message of; "D:\is not accessible. Access is denied." I tried again just now and I'm getting a second error of, "D:\is
    not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."

I can only see the security tab on my local disk C. When i tried another recognized USB, there was no security tab option.

This external hard drive was tested for access on another PC and laptop working perfectly fine, access to all files. The USB ports themselves have no issues either with other devices connecting with no issues.

AnnieRo, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

Local disk C Security Tab

Hi,

Administrator account will grant you access to change security settings, installation of programs, accessing files on the computer. We suggest creating a new administrator account user by following the step on this
    article to resolve your issue.

Note: Once you created a new administrator account user, you can grant your primary user access to drive C.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Jan Del, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

1. Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option) - Similar Threads - Can't access local

2. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  3. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  4. Unable to access local disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Local disk access denied!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local disk access denied!: Hello. I am running Windows 11 and I have got this error in my local disk. I cannot access it and it shows my access is denied. I uninstalled some programs which were taking up space before this error suddenly popped up.Because of this error when I did a restart the desktop...
  6. Can't Access E: Local Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access E: Local Drive.: For a little while now, some games on my pc haven't been started on steam. I found that it was download on my Local Drive E: but I cant access my E drive anymore. If there is any chance that I can get directions on how to get into this drive, that would be a great...
  7. Can't Access E: Local Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access E: Local Drive.: For a little while now, some games on my pc haven't been started on steam. I found that it was download on my Local Drive E: but I cant access my E drive anymore. If there is any chance that I can get directions on how to get into this drive, that would be a great...
  8. External Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible: Hi, My 4TB External Hard Drive was working well while I transfer files, sorry for my language ı am not native, And I wanted to change the speed because it was low as 35mb/ps and ı read that under policies segment there is another option for "better performance". And After I...
  9. Can't Access Drive's CleanUp Option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Access Drive's CleanUp Option: I deleted some files on a secondary SSD drive. For some reason when I click on Disk Cleanup nothing happens. The usual ability to delete trash is not working. Any ideas? Thanks. 145258
  10. Drive is not Accessible? Fix Security Tab but it's annoying.

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive is not Accessible? Fix Security Tab but it's annoying.: So i have a portable 500 gigs HDD which i was using to copy data from a Really old laptop on which i needed to do a clean install of win 7, So when i was copying data i accidentally bumped the HDD and it got ejected, Since the laptop i was using was really old and it had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Copied drive but cant access it says use security tab but its missing for the drive

2. i cant access my laptop hard through external asking for security tab.