Windows 10: Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

Discus and support Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10. I have administrative account also. The drive is obviously being used as i can see from task manager but i just cant access its files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hot-War6234, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

Windows 10. I have administrative account also.

The drive is obviously being used as i can see from task manager but i just cant access its files.

Previously it wasn't being used so i cloned my HDD to the SDD so now my laptop boots from it fine.

This isn't a big problem but id just like to be able to access the drive.

(When i tried using command prompt (takeown) it said it was an insecure file?)

submitted by /u/Hot-War6234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hot-War6234, Apr 1, 2021
  2. AnnieRo Win User

Disk drive inaccessible- security tab

Currently logged in as an administrator. I receive the error message of; "D:\is not accessible. Access is denied." I tried again just now and I'm getting a second error of, "D:\is
    not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."

I can only see the security tab on my local disk C. When i tried another recognized USB, there was no security tab option.

This external hard drive was tested for access on another PC and laptop working perfectly fine, access to all files. The USB ports themselves have no issues either with other devices connecting with no issues.

AnnieRo, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

Local disk C Security Tab

Hi,

Administrator account will grant you access to change security settings, installation of programs, accessing files on the computer. We suggest creating a new administrator account user by following the step on this
    article to resolve your issue.

Note: Once you created a new administrator account user, you can grant your primary user access to drive C.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Jan Del, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option)

1. Can't access local disk drive (There is no security tab option) - Similar Threads - Can't access local

2. Can't find the security tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find the security tab: Hey guys so when i open This pc then open Local Disk C: then open Windows there is a folder called "temp". After right clicking on it open properties there should be a tab called security but in my case there isn't Here's a prove https://prnt.sc/vvbd1i I on Windows 10 Pro...
  3. All tabs missing in Local Disk Properties

All tabs missing in Local Disk Properties: I'm currently using Windows 10 Pro which I just bought two weeks ago. [ATTACH] As you can see, I only have two tabs on my Local Disk Properties. What should I do to enable those tab like General and Security. Please advise the steps that I can take....
  4. Local disk access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local disk access denied: I accidentally deleted the SYSTEM user profile in local disk. Now, I cannot access the local disk. It even doesn't show the storage bar in the file explorer. What should I do?...
  5. External Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible

External Hard Drive Turned To Local Disk And Not Accessible: Hi, My 4TB External Hard Drive was working well while I transfer files, sorry for my language ı am not native, And I wanted to change the speed because it was low as 35mb/ps and ı read that under policies segment there is another option for "better performance". And After I...
  6. USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10

USB drive access denied No security tab Windows 10: I have a thumb drive, that I've been using for the past few years, to archive pictures. Today, I wanted to add another picture--but to my surprise, I'm hit with the "You don't have permissions..." message. Why? And why can't I resolve this? I tried assigning EVERYONE,...
  7. Can't Access Drive's CleanUp Option

Can't Access Drive's CleanUp Option: I deleted some files on a secondary SSD drive. For some reason when I click on Disk Cleanup nothing happens. The usual ability to delete trash is not working. Any ideas? Thanks. 145258
  8. Drive is not Accessible? Fix Security Tab but it's annoying.

in Windows 10 Support
    Drive is not Accessible? Fix Security Tab but it's annoying.: So i have a portable 500 gigs HDD which i was using to copy data from a Really old laptop on which i needed to do a clean install of win 7, So when i was copying data i accidentally bumped the HDD and it got ejected, Since the laptop i was using was really old and it had...
  9. access to local disk D

in Windows 10 Customization
    access to local disk D: couldnt access my local disk D even after reinstall the window. it desplayed you need to format disk in D before you can use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-local-disk-d/a3404c38-db39-4674-a641-ca10f18f170c
  10. Unknown Local Disk drive

Unknown Local Disk drive: I have an unknown drive on my computer. My computer is about 3 years old. It has a Windows C drive, a Recovery D drive, a DVD E drive and a Local Disk F drive (which has 896 MB free of 914 MB and the Properties say it was created on May 21, 2018). What can this F drive be...