Windows 10: Can't access localhost on local network from my phone

Discus and support Can't access localhost on local network from my phone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to be able to access my projects running on the localhost of my computer from my phone or from any other devices on my network. With my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MCédric, Nov 29, 2020.

1. MCédric Win User

Can't access localhost on local network from my phone

I would like to be able to access my projects running on the localhost of my computer from my phone or from any other devices on my network. With my former computer, I used to be able to do this just fine by creating a new rule in theWindows Defender Firewall and Advanced Security > Inbound Rules to allow any devices on my private network to connect to any of my ports. Unfortunately, since I changed computer, it seems like this computer forbiddens it, or blocks it in some way. I followed this tutorial on Tom's Hardware that replicates exactly what was on my former computer: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-open-firewall-ports-in-windows-10,36451.html . But still doesn't work.

I am running on Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 build: 19042. My new computer is the Lenovo IdeaPad 15ARE05.

:)

MCédric, Nov 29, 2020

2. Access localhost from another computer

Localhost, as the name suggests, points at the localhost. Use the hostname or IP from your computer on their PC's. ie something in the 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x range most likely.

DanTheBanjoman, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Thrackan Win User
    Access localhost from another computer

If you know the difference, why do you literally ask for access to "localhost" from another PC?

Thrackan, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Can't access localhost on local network from my phone

Can't access localhost over local network

I'm trying to accomplish a simple? task:
    Connect to the localhost on my laptop from my desktop.

Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro.
    I have the local IP of the laptop and I can RDP into it, but when I try to load a page in browser from the desktop I get "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

I don't think it's a firewall issue because I've tried completely disabling Windows Firewall and that didn't help. I'm not running any anti-virus software beyond Windows Defender.

In summary, localhost:64750 works on the laptop itself, but I can't access it as expected using 192.168.0.2:64750 from a secondary computer.

Frankenputer, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't access localhost on local network from my phone

1. Can't access localhost on local network from my phone - Similar Threads - Can't access localhost

2. Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network: Hi,I am trying to access the ‘public’ folder located in C:\Users in computer H from another computer computer A connected to my local network. But I can’t access it because Windows is asking me for a username and password.I thought the ‘public’ folder was designed by...
  3. Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access the "public" folder of another computer connected to my local network: Hi,I am trying to access the ‘public’ folder located in C:\Users in computer H from another computer computer A connected to my local network. But I can’t access it because Windows is asking me for a username and password.I thought the ‘public’ folder was designed by...
  4. Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network: Hi, I have a 2 PCs. Windows 10 and Windows 11.I am trying to connect to my Windows 10 PC from my Windows 11. However, when I click on it, it asks for log in credentials which I never set up for since I usually sign in with my Microsoft account and it seems no matter what I...
  5. Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying To Access Computers On My Local Network: Hi, I have a 2 PCs. Windows 10 and Windows 11.I am trying to connect to my Windows 10 PC from my Windows 11. However, when I click on it, it asks for log in credentials which I never set up for since I usually sign in with my Microsoft account and it seems no matter what I...
  6. Can't connect to localhost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to localhost: I don't remember what I changed, but if I run a Flask Python server I can't connect to it using my browser. It says connection error. I disabled firewall and defender, nothing helps. I need it to properly work in my IDE. I don't want to reinstall. submitted by...
  7. NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID accessing localhost from Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID accessing localhost from Chrome: I just installed and configured IIS for unsecure and secure access from the same PC that is running IIS. I cannot get a secure connection using Chrome. I cannot find any discussion of this in the IIS help website. I have heard online that there is a Chrome issue with SSL,...
  8. \\localhost and access from other computers on the same home network does not work

\\localhost and access from other computers on the same home network does not work: I have three Windows 10 1809/1903 computers in my home network. While two of them can access the shared folders on each other, both cannot access the shared folders on the third one - Error code: 0x80070035. In the third one, \\localhost command does not work either, though...
  9. Cannot access my PC from other OCs on local network

Cannot access my PC from other OCs on local network: I have a weird Win10 network problem. I have 2 Win10 PCs, 2 Win10 laptops, 2 NAS (Linux), and a Win10 tablet on my local network. My PC can access all the others but the others cannot access my PC. This is a new problem and I have no idea why that is happening. The...
  10. Can't access localhost over local network

Can't access localhost over local network: I'm trying to accomplish a simple? task: Connect to the localhost on my laptop from my desktop. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro. I have the local IP of the laptop and I can RDP into it, but when I try to load a page in browser from the desktop I get...