Windows 10: Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system

Discus and support Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use RDP to connect to a number of headless no console Windows 10 Client systems.Trying to use Zoom and similar apps, I want to RDP to the remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DerekO_CDN, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system

I use RDP to connect to a number of headless no console Windows 10 Client systems.Trying to use Zoom and similar apps, I want to RDP to the remote computer and use Zoom, but I am NOT using a webcam or microphone connected to the local system the console system I am running RDP from. The hardware is directly connected to the system I am RDP'ing to.Previously I have learned that I need to run apps "as administrator" to access hardware like DVD-ROM drive for copying.If I run the Zoom client "as administrator" the video shows up from my Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920. The Audio is routed back t

:)

DerekO_CDN, Oct 21, 2021
  2. jq85 Win User

Remote desktop: microphone not working

Main computer:

I use a wireless mic for dictation. Works fine.

Laptop

I use remote desktop to access the main computer. Works fine.

The two are not working together. The first day I tried it, it did work.

But no longer, could be recent updates to windows?

I have tried all the settings for sound in the remote desktop application. No joy.

Any ideas how to get the remote computer to recognized the microphone that is "connected" to it while in a RDP session?

3. RDP stops microphone after some time

When I connect to my remote computer microphone works for some time (couple of minutes or so) and after that RDP completely stops sending microphone signal to my remote computer. If I minimise RDP and check microphone on my home computer it still works.
    If I close RDP and reopen it microphone works but once again only for a couple of minutes. So I need to reopen RDP constantly.

Соколов Юрий Сергеевич, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system

RDP not allowing remote connection

I had it working perfectly fine the other day but I logged into my server, removed a open port and both computer quit.

I run the computers with the firewall off, I see no point in them being on, it's a windows firewall a hacker will know how to get around so fire wall is OFF.

Ports are 9000 for server and 3390 for htpc

ip:9000
    ip:3390

This does not work from a linux workstation using 'Remote Desktop Client'

It does not work from mac RDP
    It does not work from windows RDP
    And it does not work from my iphone.

I know it's enabled as I can RDP into the computers at my home (except htpc at the moment, I think that one needs restarted)

Ports are open, both tcp / udp ports are open using the internal server IP wich is MAC assigned by the router. Server - 10.0.1.2 - 9000
    And same thing for the htpc - 10.0.1.8 - 3390

Besides the obvious of firewall, ports, and 'remote connection enabled' any ideas?

freaksavior, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system

1. Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system - Similar Threads - Can't access Microphone

2. Connect two windows 10 computers using WiFi Direct and Remote Desktop Protocol RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect two windows 10 computers using WiFi Direct and Remote Desktop Protocol RDP: I have an Intel NUC11 that I want to run headless without a display, mouse, keyboard. The actual interface to the NUC currently uses TeamViewer with a small router that sets up a local network with a Microsoft Surface Tablet located a few feet away from the NUC. This approach...
  3. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon: I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a way to connect to the rdp session using tscon even if user session is disconnected? Or Can I make disconnected session...
  4. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon: I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a way to connect to the rdp session using tscon even if user session is disconnected? Or Can I make disconnected session...
  5. Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system: I use RDP to connect to a number of headless no console Windows 10 Client systems.Trying to use Zoom and similar apps, I want to RDP to the remote computer and use Zoom, but I am NOT using a webcam or microphone connected to the local system the console system I am running...
  6. Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system

Can't access Microphone through RDP when MIC is directly connected to remote system: I use RDP to connect to a number of headless no console Windows 10 Client systems.Trying to use Zoom and similar apps, I want to RDP to the remote computer and use Zoom, but I am NOT using a webcam or microphone connected to the local system the console system I am running...
  7. Remote connection to Windows EC2 through RDP App - Error Code : 0x50331670

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote connection to Windows EC2 through RDP App - Error Code : 0x50331670: I am trying to connect to remote EC2 instance from a Windows VDI. I am getting a Error code : 0x50331670. What is the issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-connection-to-windows-ec2-through-rdp-app/db2a8ac7-1bfd-4535-b086-dabcbf7ca748
  8. Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.: I recently got a USB microphone, which seems to work really well. It has an audio jack that allows me to hear what it's picking up, and my computer's audio through the microphone. However, since using it the first time, my computer's had trouble outputting audio. There have...
  9. RDP: Remote Connection Protical

RDP: Remote Connection Protical: I went and opend up Microsoft Edge to enter my IP address in the box that I type a URL in and the I hited enter and this what the page said: Hmmm… can't reach this page 192.168.1.123 refused to connect. Search the web for 192 168 1 123 ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Why? Did I...
  10. Remote access connection

Remote access connection: I am trying to connect remotely to my Windows 10 Pro desktop from my android phone. I downloaded the app from the google play store and followed the directions to allow access. However whatever I put into the app on my phone for Host name or IP address and user name doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remote Desktop microphone not working Windows 10