Windows 10: Can't Access Microsoft Store and then WindowsApps. Multiple issues.

Discus and support Can't Access Microsoft Store and then WindowsApps. Multiple issues. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 current version. 1903 Can't open Microsoft Store. click on the link and nothing happens. searched a fix and was directed to open my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimothyMiles1, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Can't Access Microsoft Store and then WindowsApps. Multiple issues.

Windows 10 current version. 1903

Can't open Microsoft Store. click on the link and nothing happens. searched a fix and was directed to open my C:/Program Files/WindowsApps but couldn't open it. Got this errors

You don't currently have permissions to access this folder. Click continue to permanently get access to this folder.

I click on the Admin Continue I am the only Administrator on this computer and the file doesn't open or cure the permission error.

Then I search to find out how to gain access to this file and am told to right click and then click on Properties.

The windows properties window "General" shows with the Read-Only box darkened and Hidden checked.

I go to Security, then click on the Advanced button.

I see the expected "Unable to display the current owner.

I click on the admin "Change" link but instead of getting the next window for Advanced Security settings, I get another Windows Security error telling me "Can't open access control editor. The activation requies a display name to be present under the CLSID key."

So no matter what I try, I keep getting blocked despite being the administrator. I am totally frustrated and would appreciate some guidance no how to get access to these essential files.

thanks

:)

TimothyMiles1, Jun 29, 2020

2. windowsapp folder access in windows 10

I am trying to list the windowsapp folder to give access to a program stored there so that it will be the default program for the .vob extension

JMiller1958, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Microsoft store issues

Hello,

I have tried multiple steps listed everywhere in this forun to try and resolve this issue but I am unable to open Microsoft store on my windows 10 machine. Everytime I try to open store it shows progress circle and closes back

vinay tamta, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Can't Access Microsoft Store and then WindowsApps. Multiple issues.

Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders...

I have been tearing what little hair I have left out of my head trying to copy a file from my desktop to the appropriate folder in the Kodi folder buried in the XBMC… folder in Windowsapps in a brand-new fairly high-end laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I cannot get beyond first what appears to be a UAC “Destination Folder Access Denied” error message saying “You’ll need to provide administrative permission to copy to this folder.” If I click on the UAC “continue” button I get another “Destination Folder Access Denied” error box saying “You need permission to perform this action.” The second error box has only “Try Again” and “Cancel” buttons. Nothing is listed under “More details” in either error box.

Here is most of what I have tried:

1. changing ownership of Windowsapps and all folders below it to my Microsoft account user and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    2. changing ownership to administrators group for Windowsapps and all folders below it and granting full-control permissions to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    3. enabling the “hidden” administrator account, going back to my Microsoft user account and granting full-control rights to the administrator account, returning to the administrator account, taking control with that account, granting full control permission to Windowsapps and all folders below it;
    4. creating a new administrator account and repeating 3;
    5. completely disabling UAC through the registry, once in the default administrator account and once in my Microsoft account user.
    6. adding and using the “Take Ownership” context option on a Windowsapps folder as described in the Tutorial at Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 ; and
    7. running the following commands in an administrator command window:

Code:
    as suggested at: Permission/Ownership Issues WindowsApps Folders... - Windows 10 Forums
    In fact, even if I do an explicit copy from an administrator command window, I get an “access is denied” notice.

None of the many sources I have looked at online are of any help in dealing with this blockage. Please help — not only do I need to get full-control access to Windowsapps and its subfolders for this purpose, I also need to get full-control permission to Windowsapps folders in order to get rid of an annoying McAffee startup.exe which pops an error box on every boot up even though I removed McAffee in the normal way.

How can I get assured access to Windowsapps folders???

jedpaquette, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't Access Microsoft Store and then WindowsApps. Multiple issues.

1. Can't Access Microsoft Store and then WindowsApps. Multiple issues. - Similar Threads - Can't Access Microsoft

2. Can't access Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Microsoft store: Every time I try to access the Microsoft store I get the "try that again" error message, I can't sign in either, trying just brings up the "something went wrong" error message....
  3. Can't access Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Microsoft store: Every time I try to access the Microsoft store I get the "try that again" error message, I can't sign in either, trying just brings up the "something went wrong" error message....
  4. Can't access Microsoft store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't access Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't access Microsoft Store: My Microsoft store app says the server is stumbled yet am on the latest version of win 10 and I have a good connection.* Moved from MSN* Original title: MICROSOFT STORE...
  6. Can't Access WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Access WindowsApps Folder: [ATTACH] I'm trying to access this folder but it keeps giving me this message: https://preview.redd.it/hy5suprzyd561.jpg?width=1921&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c9ef85f9dd131e1ddbfd0f012f1c5692795c202b I click Continue and the following window comes up:...
  7. Can't access microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access microsoft store.: [ATTACH] Can't go into any applications page and download any of the apps. but i can switch fromm gamming to entertainment tabs after that it's done nothing happens. This is what it looks like when i go into any apps page to download but i can't bc it's stuck in this...
  8. WindowsApps Permission Access Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Permission Access Issue: Recently I changed some permission on my Users folder and started getting this message at startup. [ATTACH] This folder is greyed out and I cannot change permissions on it. It keeps giving me the message that I do not have permission to change this folder, even though I'm...
  9. Can't Access Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Access Microsoft Store: Hello folks. So I noted a few days ago that I could not log onto the store. When I click the icon the page comes up and just site there. My first thought was to check for any Windows updates. But when I click 'Check for Updates' nothing happens at all. The usual indicators...
  10. Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store WindowsApps folder restricted access to folder.: Long story short, downloaded football manager 19 and wanted to add a league DB which I was able to do from my other FM games through the steam workshop and wanted to add my Canadian league so I can play in that league since FM never adds that league to their DB. I download...