Windows 10: Can't access my account

Discus and support Can't access my account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Can't access my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johannashreve, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Can't access my account

Split from this thread.​

Can't access my account

:)

johannashreve, Aug 9, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 9, 2020
  3. I can't access my account

Hi,

I would like to know some information.

• What happens when you try to access your account?
    • Do you get any error code or error message?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings prior to this issue?

Did you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar in this thread, if not I would suggest you to follow and check.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Can't access my account

Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Can't access my account

1. Can't access my account - Similar Threads - Can't access account

2. Can't access my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access my account: I put my phone number under a new email account rhat I made. I forgot the email, and I tried getting a hint of it using my phone number, however when I do this it dosent populate any emails, I also tried reseting my pc but the pc says it ran into an error trying to reset the...
  3. Can't access my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access my account: I put my phone number under a new email account rhat I made. I forgot the email, and I tried getting a hint of it using my phone number, however when I do this it dosent populate any emails, I also tried reseting my pc but the pc says it ran into an error trying to reset the...
  4. I can't access my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my account: When I try to login to my work account through login.microsoftonline.com site I get a message "There was an issue looking up your account. Click Next to try again." The issue is lasting for several days already. Clicking on "Can't access your account?" link only brings me to...
  5. I can't access my account

I can't access my account: When I try to login to my work account through login.microsoftonline.com site I get a message "There was an issue looking up your account. Click Next to try again." The issue is lasting for several days already. Clicking on "Can't access your account?" link only brings me to...
  6. I can't access my account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't access my account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access my account: So someone bought a laptop for me last year and it had a built in microsoft office home and student. I didn't mind asking the password because I thought the account would just stay here in the laptop as long as I don't log it out. But now it is asking me to sync and its...
  8. Can't access my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access my account: So someone bought a laptop for me last year and it had a built in microsoft office home and student. I didn't mind asking the password because I thought the account would just stay here in the laptop as long as I don't log it out. But now it is asking me to sync and its...
  9. Can't access my account

10. Can't access my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access my Microsoft account: After doing an update i have lost all the apps on the start screen have tried several options and now i cant access my Microsoft account i have tried the pressing the shift key and power then there were no options so i just pressed resart not working still no access. Help...