Windows 10: Can’t access my computer at all

Discus and support Can’t access my computer at all in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cant bring my laptop back from sleep mode. I use a newly bought acer swift 3 laptop with windows 10. I bought it about 3 months ago and set up both a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lorettaafrifa, May 9, 2020.

1. Can’t access my computer at all

I cant bring my laptop back from sleep mode. I use a newly bought acer swift 3 laptop with windows 10. I bought it about 3 months ago and set up both a password and a pin along with fingerprint. Just 30 minutes ago the laptop went into sleep mode and i can’t bring it back with my fingerprint. The scanner doesn’t seem to work. I tried the pin but I’m getting a feedback that says the pin is also unavailable due to setting changes on the computer. Unfortunately, because i have never used the password since getting the laptop, i cannot remember it at all. I have tried ALL my usual passwords and some possible ones and none of them work. I have restarted the laptop multiple times but the finger scanner is still unresponsive. I do not know what to do. Before anyone asks, no i have not made any recent updates to the computer. I was only playing browsing youtube when i left the laptop in sleep mode

:)

lorettaafrifa, May 9, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 9, 2020
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 9, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can’t access my computer at all

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can’t access my computer at all :cool:

jmcslob, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Can’t access my computer at all

1. Can’t access my computer at all - Similar Threads - Can’t access computer

2. I’m unable to access my computer, can’t login.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I’m unable to access my computer, can’t login.: I recently cleaned up my setup and when I tried to get back on, my second monitor wasn’t getting detected, so of course my dumb self went towards windows updates and i seen an optional update that affected me from not using my PIN to login what i normally used to login after...
  3. I can’t get access to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t get access to my computer: I’ve forgotten my pin and I’ve got access to my email and I know the password for my Microsoft account but I’m not receiving a recovery email for the home pin even thought I’ve followed the steps...
  4. I can’t get access to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t get access to my computer: I’ve forgotten my pin and I’ve got access to my email and I know the password for my Microsoft account but I’m not receiving a recovery email for the home pin even thought I’ve followed the steps...
  5. I can’t get access to my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Locked computer screen can’t access my pc .

Locked computer screen can’t access my pc .: Locked computer screen can’t access my desktop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-computer-screen-cant-access-my-pc/e926ce78-2355-4ed1-bdac-d46ab6934fd1
  7. I can’t get into my computer at all!!

I can’t get into my computer at all!!: I decided to reset my laptop to get rid of all files and just to have it set back to default but instead I can’t log in anymore and safe mode doesn’t remove the log in screen I know it’s not a password issue and I’m at a loss on what to do...
  8. I can’t get into my computer at all!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t get into my computer at all!!: I decided to reset my laptop to get rid of all files and just to have it set back to default but instead I can’t log in anymore and safe mode doesn’t remove the log in screen I know it’s not a password issue and I’m at a loss on what to do...
  9. I can’t get into my computer at all!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Cannot access my computer at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access my computer at all: So at first my computer scanned the disk when I turned it off for the night and I allowed it to do that as I though it was just a normal thing then the problems started At first I got a blue screen and it had an error message: "d:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrial.txt"...