Windows 10: Can’t access my computer at all

Discus and support Can’t access my computer at all in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cant bring my laptop back from sleep mode. I use a newly bought acer swift 3 laptop with windows 10. I bought it about 3 months ago and set up both a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lorettaafrifa, May 9, 2020.

1. Can’t access my computer at all

I cant bring my laptop back from sleep mode. I use a newly bought acer swift 3 laptop with windows 10. I bought it about 3 months ago and set up both a password and a pin along with fingerprint. Just 30 minutes ago the laptop went into sleep mode and i can’t bring it back with my fingerprint. The scanner doesn’t seem to work. I tried the pin but I’m getting a feedback that says the pin is also unavailable due to setting changes on the computer. Unfortunately, because i have never used the password since getting the laptop, i cannot remember it at all. I have tried ALL my usual passwords and some possible ones and none of them work. I have restarted the laptop multiple times but the finger scanner is still unresponsive. I do not know what to do. Before anyone asks, no i have not made any recent updates to the computer. I was only playing browsing youtube when i left the laptop in sleep mode

:)

lorettaafrifa, May 9, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, May 9, 2020
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 9, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can’t access my computer at all

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can’t access my computer at all :cool:

jmcslob, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Can’t access my computer at all

1. Can’t access my computer at all - Similar Threads - Can’t access computer

2. can’t access bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can’t access bios: hello all in windows10 community, So i cannot access my bios, as when I hold shift and press restart, I do get to the blue screen where I can restart my system again to get to change the firmware settings. But when I do that, my keyboard and mouse turn back on, but my...
  3. Can’t log into my computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t log into my computer.: So I just reset my computer, I deleted all files except for the important ones because it gave me the options weather I wanted to use the computer again or recycle it. After the reset, I couldn’t log in with my account and am wondering what I could do to fix this or do I...
  4. COMPUTER STUCK IN WELCOME SCREEN CAN’T ACCESS PASSCODE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    COMPUTER STUCK IN WELCOME SCREEN CAN’T ACCESS PASSCODE: So here is my problem. I was restarting my PC, then suddenly its stuck at welcome screen when u have to access passcode to login in. I got no passcode bar nor power button on screen. [IMG] so, I booted it 2-3x to access recovery environment, at first it works, then I...
  5. Can’t use my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t use my computer: I had to factory reset my computer because it was getting slow. My friend told me about the new update not liking something she had on her computer, so I thought I would be fine, considering I’d be getting rid of everything on the computer. I’m trying to set it up again, but...
  6. Can’t access Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can’t access Windows: I’ve recently renewed my Windows subscription but now I can’t access any Windows products on my laptop. What has happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-windows/39f05835-6cac-4e28-8a83-a38ea0f568d3"
  7. Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all!

Can’t login to my Surface Laptop At all!: I just got my surface laptop (1st gen) yesterday and this morning at school i tried logging in and it claimed to not be able to recognize my face. It then told me my only option now was to use my pin. It then says “pin is no longer available” because of a change in my...
  8. Can’t log in to my computer Windows 10

Can’t log in to my computer Windows 10: Hello, I have reset my pc because it was very slow. I chose the option to keep my files and delete apps. I left it to reset and when I came back it was on the login screen. Normally I have to hit space or use my mouse to slide up and type in my password. But since the...
  9. My computer can’t find my internet and when typed in manually can’t connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer can’t find my internet and when typed in manually can’t connect: My windows 10 hp computer is unable to find my own internet but can pick up other internets. Even when entered manually it still cant find it. All my other devices connect with no problem. I cant find a solution....
  10. no access to computer at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no access to computer at all: Computer: Dell Optiplex 3020 Original O/S: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Did the free upgrade to Windows 10 couple of days ago, didn't work so restore to Windows 7 and the problem now is none of my usb ports work meaning that I can't use any keyboard or mouse. Only available ports...