Windows 10: Can´t access my files because of OneDrive

Discus and support Can´t access my files because of OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I´m having problems with the file explorer in my computer Windows 10: I can´t access many of my files and it gets stuck. I´m pretty sure this has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FranciscoMolina2, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Can´t access my files because of OneDrive

Hi,

I´m having problems with the file explorer in my computer Windows 10: I can´t access many of my files and it gets stuck. I´m pretty sure this has to do with OneDrive. I´d really appreciate some help to solve this.

Here´s the full story. I recently g****ndows 10 computer into the new ****der on my new computer, same with the Pictures folder, and so on. The new computer aut****´ve never used before; didn´t pay much attention to it. Now, I receive alerts that my OneDrive account is full, and now I can´t access my files they just won´t open, and the file explorer gets stuck frequently. To prove that these problems were related to the OneDrive sync, I opened my old-computer folders not synchronized with OneDrive from an external hard drive in my new computer, and I was able to access the same files without any inconvenience.

How I can recover my normal access to my files and folders?

Thank you!

:)

FranciscoMolina2, Jan 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 14, 2020
  3. OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Yea, they just stopped giving unlimited space to Office subscribers as well. I use google drive, dropbox and I do use onedrive, but nothing major in onedrive. I read something about Amazon has that's not bad and is fairly cheap. It's called "Amazon Glacier". It's $0.007 per gigabyte per month, but it's not like google drive or onedrive. You upload your files and hours later you can get access to it. So, for backups it's not a bad solution, but if you need access to the files regularly then it wouldn't be.

Mindweaver, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Can´t access my files because of OneDrive

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Can´t access my files because of OneDrive

1. Can´t access my files because of OneDrive - Similar Threads - Can´t access files

2. OneDrive won't sync new files because "No access permissions to this item."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't sync new files because "No access permissions to this item.": I downloaded some new files onto my laptop, and they won't sync with the OneDrive even though it has no problem doing it with my old files, I restarted the OneDrive but that did not fix the issue....
  3. OneDrive won't sync new files because "No access permissions to this item."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't sync new files because "No access permissions to this item.": I downloaded some new files onto my laptop, and they won't sync with the OneDrive even though it has no problem doing it with my old files, I restarted the OneDrive but that did not fix the issue....
  4. User can`t access files on share despite correct permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User can`t access files on share despite correct permissions: Dear Community,i am having the following problem:A user tries to access files on a share for which he has the proper permissions but always gets access denied error. We have a permission group for that folder with 20 other users in it that all can access the files. View...
  5. Can`t install new programs, "Windows Installer" can`t be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can`t install new programs, "Windows Installer" can`t be accessed: Hello there,since a few days I can`t install new programms on my Windows 11 Pro. The installation will startup, but then there will be the error "Windows Installer can`t be accessed"I tried to search online for solutions, but most were for other versions of Windows or didn`t...
  6. Can`t install new programs, "Windows Installer" can`t be accessed

Can`t install new programs, "Windows Installer" can`t be accessed: Hello there,since a few days I can`t install new programms on my Windows 11 Pro. The installation will startup, but then there will be the error "Windows Installer can`t be accessed"I tried to search online for solutions, but most were for other versions of Windows or didn`t...
  7. Can`t access settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can`t access settings: A month ago I saw that I couldn't access the settings app.And I can`t search for example bluetooth or windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-settings/5024d881-ae21-4285-ae9f-d3ebfd705f5f
  8. Can`t access settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can`t access settings: A month ago I saw that I couldn't access the settings app.And I can`t search for example bluetooth or windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-settings/5024d881-ae21-4285-ae9f-d3ebfd705f5f
  9. Can`t access settings

10. can`t access the update file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can`t access the update file: Moi can`t access the update file Tuollaista herjaa kun yritän päivittää thrustmaster T1600M FCS-ohjaimen ajureita. Voitteko auttaa? Kiitos. That's a slay when I try to update the thrustmaster T1600M FCS Controller drivers. Can you help? Thank you....