Windows 10: Can't access my home Windows 10 after a system restore. Old user ID appears, pw won't allow...

Discus and support Can't access my home Windows 10 after a system restore. Old user ID appears, pw won't allow... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The subject pretty much says it all. Home user, Windows 10, I was having some internet problems, Carrier said no outage, but the ISP had blow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnM&need some help, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Can't access my home Windows 10 after a system restore. Old user ID appears, pw won't allow...

The subject pretty much says it all. Home user, Windows 10, I was having some internet problems, Carrier said no outage, but the ISP had blow something up. Didn't realize if I just waited, it would be fixed. Did the dumb thing and did a system restore. Now an old Bad acct shows up to sign in. old passwords won't work. Tried get it to work, won't. I can't change the account to my account that works. I fear I might have screwed up. any help would be appreciated. Minus the chastisements, I know I did a dumb one. Thanks.

:)

JohnM&need some help, Jun 28, 2020

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jun 28, 2020
  3. RQlts Win User
    Added system PW now can't access system

I added a system PW today but when I tried to get back into the laptop I received "This computer system, #8HDK8N1-595B, is protected by a password authentication system. You cannot access the data on this computer without the correct PW". Since it's a Dell inspiron 1545 my tech support suggested this site for assistance. I saw some other posts similar to this where they were given another codes to try. Can anyone help? Thanks.

RQlts, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Lenwood Win User

Can't access my home Windows 10 after a system restore. Old user ID appears, pw won't allow...

Windows 10 User ID Doesn't Appear In User List

One of the applications that I use (DB2) creates custom user groups, and one of the setup steps is to add my Windows 10 user account to these groups to grant access. I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise, and the issue I'm having is that my user ID doesn't appear in the list of users. Below is a screenshot of what I see when I run lusrmgr.msc.

Can't access my home Windows 10 after a system restore. Old user ID appears, pw won't allow... qbM1H.png

When I check my account within the control panel, my user ID shows as my company email address. I was expecting to see something like AzureAD\MyName.

Can anyone help me understand why my own user ID wouldn't appear in the list of users? How do I correct this?

Lenwood, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't access my home Windows 10 after a system restore. Old user ID appears, pw won't allow...

1. Can't access my home Windows 10 after a system restore. Old user ID appears, pw won't allow... - Similar Threads - Can't access home

2. Can't access Windows 10 after restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows 10 after restore: After doing a system restore to a restore point 2 weeks ago due to no sound from my bluetooth audio device which was loaded on to my computer and paired correctly but didn't work all of a sudden, the restore took a very long time. When I logged in using my admin microsoft...
  3. Can't access Windows 10 after restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Windows 10 after restore: After doing a system restore to a restore point 2 weeks ago due to no sound from my bluetooth audio device which was loaded on to my computer and paired correctly but didn't work all of a sudden, the restore took a very long time. When I logged in using my admin microsoft...
  4. Can't access Windows 10 after restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why won't my game allow Directx12? Is it possible that the game is old and can't allow the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my game allow Directx12? Is it possible that the game is old and can't allow the...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-game-allow-directx12-is-it-possible/c3bc6591-ea9f-4dbc-8c78-404122118012
  6. Why won't my game allow Directx12? Is it possible that the game is old and can't allow the...

Why won't my game allow Directx12? Is it possible that the game is old and can't allow the...: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-game-allow-directx12-is-it-possible/c3bc6591-ea9f-4dbc-8c78-404122118012
  7. System Restore Page, pw not working, blackscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Page, pw not working, blackscreen: I'm at the system restore page and it says Hi, Administrator but when I put in my pw it says it's wrong, I did a system reinstall because my screen is black I thought this would help and now I'm stuck at the pw part so I can't see if this is going to let me see my desktop...
  8. System Restore Page, pw not working, blackscreen

System Restore Page, pw not working, blackscreen: I'm at the system restore page and it says Hi, Administrator but when I put in my pw it says it's wrong, I did a system reinstall because my screen is black I thought this would help and now I'm stuck at the pw part so I can't see if this is going to let me see my desktop...
  9. System Restore Page, pw not working, blackscreen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows won't start after system restore.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows won't start after system restore.: I installed latest updates on 1/10/2016 and when next started could not connect to the internet. Diagnostic check said there was a problem with network driver but on checking driver was up to date and working. Why wouldn't it be? Anyway I uninstalled updates and re-booted but...