Windows 10: Cant access my key on a broken SSD

Discus and support Cant access my key on a broken SSD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My SSD completely died so i can't access my windows 10 product key. Is there another way to get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ArthurGoes Correia, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Cant access my key on a broken SSD

My SSD completely died so i can't access my windows 10 product key. Is there another way to get it back?

:)

ArthurGoes Correia, Mar 4, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 4, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Cant access my key on a broken SSD

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Cant access my key on a broken SSD

1. Cant access my key on a broken SSD - Similar Threads - Cant access key

2. is my ssd broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is my ssd broken?: follow up question to this previous question of mine "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-files/deleted-files-keep-coming-back-after-restart/c9312d13-0ead-4b90-b92b-5380b198d997?tm=1713190863753 " i'm asking here since i doubt i'll find real answers...
  3. is my ssd broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is my ssd broken?: follow up question to this previous question of mine "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-files/deleted-files-keep-coming-back-after-restart/c9312d13-0ead-4b90-b92b-5380b198d997?tm=1713190863753 " i'm asking here since i doubt i'll find real answers...
  4. My FN key seems to be broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My FN key seems to be broken: So Im trying to restore an old laptop. I bought a new keyboard because the old one seemed broken and when I installed it, my 'k' key was printing a 6. I found out that the 'k' Key behaves like that when you press FN, but when I press it myself it prints k normally again. I...
  5. My FN key seems to be broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My FN key seems to be broken: So Im trying to restore an old laptop. I bought a new keyboard because the old one seemed broken and when I installed it, my 'k' key was printing a 6. I found out that the 'k' Key behaves like that when you press FN, but when I press it myself it prints k normally again. I...
  6. My FN key seems to be broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Cant load windows, broken ssd?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant load windows, broken ssd?: . Hello so i have a dell inspiron 5680, with 128gb ssd and 2tb hdd. I wanted to upgrade my sdd to a quicker/larger one. I copied my files from my files from my ssd including the windows folder onto the hdd thinkin that i would be able to put my new ssd into the pc and...
  8. Accessing my broken laptops SSD with another computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing my broken laptops SSD with another computer: My Lenovo Yoga laptop with Win10 broke down. It still runs I hear the fan and see the power button light and keyboard lights but screen is blank on startup. Not even the Lenovo start screen shows up, unless I manage to get to the Windows "Automatic repair screen" light blue...
  9. Keys are broken?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys are broken?: [ATTACH] When trying to press some of the keys on my computer, many extra keys are also automatically clicked for some reason. The image attached is a screenshot of a keyboard testing website when I click my left Ctrl key. As you can see, the home key, number pad 9 key, and...
  10. Broken SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Broken SSD: My son just built my computer and in putting in the ssd drive that already had Windows 10 on it we had purchased it that day the plastic piece on the ssd drive broke and needs to be replaced. Any way we can save the Windows 10 or will microsoft be kind and allow us to switch...