Windows 10: Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files

Discus and support Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello recently i found that my main user account was missing, i've been trying my best to get access to it but to no avail (the highlighted user is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by E.D.D.E, Nov 18, 2019.

1. E.D.D.E Win User

Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files

Hello
    recently i found that my main user account was missing, i've been trying my best to get access to it but to no avail
    (the highlighted user is the one I'm trying to get back on was originally called "bat")

Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files 4ab43dcf-7817-4e50-86f1-6997c834da6d?upload=true.png
    the list of users, 14025 (bat) is nowhere to be seen Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files 45781bd3-3c30-4fae-9e77-1a01e0ffe334?upload=true.png
    is there any way to restore my account?

:)

E.D.D.E, Nov 18, 2019

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't Access my main user account even if it's in the files - Similar Threads - Can't Access main

2. Can't log into my Windows main account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into my Windows main account: Issue: I can't log into my main/admin Windows user account because of invalid password.Notes: My admin log in is set up as my Microsoft account.Troubleshooting i've tried:reset my Microsoft passwordtried multiple passwords, including but not limited to: New password and...
  3. Can't log into my Windows main account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log into my Windows main account: Issue: I can't log into my main/admin Windows user account because of invalid password.Notes: My admin log in is set up as my Microsoft account.Troubleshooting i've tried:reset my Microsoft passwordtried multiple passwords, including but not limited to: New password and...
  4. Main windows user account can't run Blade and Soul, other user account can.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Main windows user account can't run Blade and Soul, other user account can.: I am trying to run the game Blade and Soul by NCsoft, which I used to play about 2 years ago without any issues. Upon reinstalling it the game doesn't launch, it gives me a brief black screen and then closes itself. Went to NCsoft support, after some testing without finding a...
  5. Main windows user account can't run Blade and Soul, other user account can.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Main windows user account can't run Blade and Soul, other user account can.: I am trying to run the game Blade and Soul by NCsoft, which I used to play about 2 years ago without any issues. Upon reinstalling it the game doesn't launch, it gives me a brief black screen and then closes itself. Went to NCsoft support, after some testing without finding a...
  6. Changing main account user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing main account user: I am trying to change the main account user on my laptop but the individual who owned the computer previously does not remember the password, how do I go about deleting her account?...
  7. Can't access the main drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access the main drive: I accidentally remove the full control on my both active user even the administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-the-main-drive/0e5943e5-a32a-437a-90c6-bb6d566015bf
  8. can't access my local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't access my local user account: I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean...
  9. Main account on my PC "deleted" it's own files and now I can't even use anything interenet...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Main account on my PC "deleted" it's own files and now I can't even use anything interenet...: So like it says, the main account on my PC "deleted" it's own files and now I can't even use anything interenet related like browser, or anything besidses Spotify or Steam. I can still see theses folders when I make another admin. I tried to run my PC in safe mode to access...
  10. in the user file i can't see my account user file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    in the user file i can't see my account user file.: I hide my account folder by mistake and when I tried to unhide the folder in the view ribbon, I only got the default user and not my user. [ATTACH]...