Windows 10: Can't Access my NAS drive

Discus and support Can't Access my NAS drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cant connect to my NAS. I had mapped drives that worked fine earlier. now I only get an error message. Long message essentialy to many server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by andersal, Dec 28, 2020.

1. andersal Win User

Can't Access my NAS drive

I cant connect to my NAS. I had mapped drives that worked fine earlier. now I only get an error message. Long message essentialy to many server connections. What has happend

Please advice

Regards

Anders

:)

andersal, Dec 28, 2020

2. Problem accessing a NAS drive

I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section of File Explorer, and if I click on the NAS's icon all it's shares are displayed (whether or not the PC has credentials to access the shares). The shares on the other NAS drive can be seen by only 2 of the PCs.

On the failing PC the inaccessible NAS drive shows in File Explorer, but if I click on it I get

Can't Access my NAS drive [​IMG]

However, on that same PC, Firefox can access the FTP server on the NAS drive

Can't Access my NAS drive [​IMG]

so Windows obviously has no trouble communicating with the NAS. And Windows must be configured to allow communication with a NAS in general or it could not successfully connect to the other NAS. (Those two screen snips were stored on that working NAS.)

The problematic PC doesn't really have to reach the NAS, but I would like it to, and I'm frustrated that I can't figure this out. Anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, the error popup says I should ask the administrator of the server about this. I would, but I'm not speaking with myself at the moment.

pokeefe0001, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing issue with accessing the NAS drive and getting error 0x80070035. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information

However, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have expertise and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on NAS drive to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Can't Access my NAS drive

Accessing files over Network NAS drive

I bought a new laptop on Feb 1. It had Windows 10 installed when I got it.

I set everything up and installed my personal stuff and set the wifi adapter to "private" in the network and sharing options.

Everything was fine. I had direct access to my WD MyCloud NAS storage drive.

On Feb. 2, as I shut down for the night, there was an update. And the next morning, I had no access to my NAS drive.

The drive appears in the file explorer, under network, and several locations on the drive have shortcuts in the Quick Access menu, but nothing on the drive can be accessed, except through the web interface. There is no longer any direct access.

I have tried a large number of fixes I found through Google, including adding a credential and editing through services.msc (making a list of things "automatic" loading rather than "manual."

Nothing has worked.

How do I get my NAS drive back?

***Modify title from: Network NAS drive***

ElsaFrohman, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't Access my NAS drive

1. Can't Access my NAS drive - Similar Threads - Can't Access NAS

2. Can't access NAS drives/shares on home wifi LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access NAS drives/shares on home wifi LAN: Please bear with me - this is a long post Recently I installed a new Synology NAS drive on my WiFi home LAN, configured as RAID1; it is seen by the router, and is deemed healthy. However, I have had great difficulty making it visible on and useful to the PCs on the LAN....
  3. can't access any NAS drives after windows update

can't access any NAS drives after windows update: I get the message "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." I can access the drives fine from my macmini, macbook pro, raspbery pis, my samsung s8 and my old laptop not updated for a while But not from my main PC...
  4. Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update

Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update: Ever since the latest Microsoft update push I have been unable to access my network attached storage devices. These were all active prior to the push and they can be accessed via other PCs on the same home workgroup. I have noticed that I CAN access the NAS drives...
  5. Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro

Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro: This is a strange fault as it happened all of a sudden, I shut down the PC one night when everything was fine, then the following day after bootup I couldn't access the NAS drives although they do show in Windows File Explorer, I just get the error 0x80070035 The network path...
  6. Can't access NAS without internet

Can't access NAS without internet: My access to my Synology NAS is not working anymore since I have moved. At my new place, I don't have internet (yet) and it looks like that is tripping off Windows (maybe it increased security settings???). I have my folders mapped, I used to be able to access my NAS folders...
  7. Problem accessing a NAS drive

Problem accessing a NAS drive: I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section...
  8. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  9. Can't access NAS by name

Can't access NAS by name: Yesterday I did a clean (re)install of Windows 10. All seemed ok, but today I cannot access a NAS disk by name. I can access it by IP address, and nslookup correctly resolve both name and addresses. But if I try to access \\MyBookLive (I know, - a cleverly original name.) - I...
  10. Failure accessing NAS drive

Failure accessing NAS drive: Hello! I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer and I can ping it fine and I can even access it via FTP but if I try to access it I get the following dialog box. [img]...