Windows 10: Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise.

Discus and support Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Stupid bloody Hotmail. I'm sick of it. Most useless e-mail system ever created. I've been waiting almost half a day for the verification text with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kevin Flemming, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise.

Stupid bloody Hotmail. I'm sick of it. Most useless e-mail system ever created.

I've been waiting almost half a day for the verification text with a code to come through, so I can actually access my e-mails from my bank.

All I did was want to change the security from my phone number to my Gmail (which has worked perfectly since day one, I might add).

Now I get this:

This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 1/9/2019 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code.
    On 12/10/2018 you requested that your security info be replaced.

OUTLOOK IS THE SITE I'M TRYING TO USE, AND I HAVE TO WAIT A SODDING MONTH TO BE ABLE TO?

Sort your awful security methods out, Microsoft. And stop lying about what can and can't be used.

:)

Kevin Flemming, Dec 10, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Dec 10, 2018
  3. CharlieRB Win User
    Outlook Notifications appear after a delay

Turning on notification in Outlook does not guarantee Windows 10 will honor them. So, you have to ensure Windows 10 notification settings are set to allow notifications from the application (they may be in the Action Center, but not displayed on the Desktop).

If you already have Outlook configured to display the desktop alert, then follow these steps to configure Windows.

1. In the Action Center (in the bottom right corner, next to your time)
      click on All Settings. An alternative method to open the Settings
      app would be to open the Start Menu and then click on Settings.
    2. Click on: System.
    3. From the panel on the left select: Notifications & Actions.
    4. In the “Show notifications from these apps” section at the bottom,
      click on
      Outlook. (If Outlook isn’t listed, you haven’t received a new message yet so Outlook isn’t registered yet as an app that receives
      notifications. Simply send yourself a test message in that case and
      reopen the Settings app.
      Also note that you must be using Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016 as Outlook 2010 and previous have their own notifications which do not
      integrates with Windows 10)

5. Make sure that you have enabled all notification options.
    6. Close Settings.

You may or may not need to restart Outlook.

Source - Not getting New Email Alerts on Windows 10

If this doesn't fix the issue, you may need to perform a repair install of Office.

CharlieRB, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise.

Security notifications with Windows 10.

In Windows 7 you used to be able to list exclusions. I could stop the notification by going one step further down in my security, which I don't want to do. The notifications in this case are from Dropbox, and are frequent and annoying, but the app is
    completely trustworthy, and I always click yes without a thought.

Isn't there something deep in th system which I could access?

EvaLawrence-987, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise.

1. Can't access my Outlook, regardless of the security notification telling me otherwise. - Similar Threads - Can't access Outlook

2. Notifications telling me "Private" instead of the real one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications telling me "Private" instead of the real one: Hello! How are you?I have an issue with the notifications:They are telling me "Private" instead of real text and when clicking on them, it does nothing.Here's an example sorry if the text is in Spanish:In this example, I performed a quick scan and normally it appeared no...
  3. Notifications telling me "Private" instead of the real one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications telling me "Private" instead of the real one: Hello! How are you?I have an issue with the notifications:They are telling me "Private" instead of real text and when clicking on them, it does nothing.Here's an example sorry if the text is in Spanish:In this example, I performed a quick scan and normally it appeared no...
  4. can't access my email account outlook live

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can't access my email account outlook live: I can't access my outlook live email account. I'm always signed in on this laptop but it gives me error message "something went wrong" then suggests "please try the following recommendation" then a button with "refresh the appliction" which I tried and it did nothing...
  5. can't access my email account outlook live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't access my email account outlook live: I can't access my outlook live email account. I'm always signed in on this laptop but it gives me error message "something went wrong" then suggests "please try the following recommendation" then a button with "refresh the appliction" which I tried and it did nothing...
  6. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  7. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  8. No access to a file regardless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No access to a file regardless: How do you delete a file that you have no access to even though you have set permissions to modify, edit or delete it, to "Everyone"? I still have Norten Security on my system, even though I used 3rd party software to uninstall it (using Iobit Uninstaller)....
  9. One of my Microsoft accounts tells me I can't access my site at the moment.

in Windows 10 Customization
    One of my Microsoft accounts tells me I can't access my site at the moment.: Hello, Each time I try to verify my account by clicking on the 'cancel request' on the 'can't access my site at the moment,' dialogue box I fail to get the necessary phone call that gives me my code for verification. Originally I was going to change my password but I...
  10. My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied: Wanted to do a restore but there only 4 restore points going back to april 1st. also it was telling me that I could lose my password and some recently installed apps would be affected. Do you know of anyway to gain access without a restore. I'm the administrator on the...