Windows 10: Can't access my pc

Discus and support Can't access my pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When's I switched on my pc this evening there was an red X where the Internet connection is and I could not get on to my desktop because my password is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rogervansteeden, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Can't access my pc

When's I switched on my pc this evening there was an red X where the Internet connection is and I could not get on to my desktop because my password is not being accepted how can I get passed this please

:)

rogervansteeden, Dec 27, 2016

2. Can't access my PC

That sounds like BIOS setup where the BIOS setting for your PC are adjusted. Click on the Boot tab and look at the Boot Priority order. Is hard drive first? For the more modern UEFI firmware which replaces BIOS that should be Windows Boot Manager. If
    not correct follow the navigation aids provided on the right side to move the correct device to boot first, then choose Save and Exit. What happens?

There are other settings which may need adjusting but we'll start there. If necessary I'll also help you do the vastly superior

Clean Install Windows 10
    which is the best install of Windows one can have. If you only had the Upgrade or a Factory install then I'd do that anyway, but let's make sure your BIOS/UEFI settings are correct first.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 27, 2016
  3. Can't access my PC

My question originally was INACCESSIABLE boot I didn't remember got the laptop back when I first tried to sign in it said it need to update. Well it reinstalled Windows all over again an that took about an
    hour. I had to wait until it reached from 1 to a 100% and my question is does that matter or not??? At first I forgot the password an
    checked my record an found it.. I entered it I get the Windows Logo with little circle that goes around like it going to open a page but it brings me to this page now that says :

InsydeH20

Setup Utility Rev 3.5 Accross the top it says:

Main Security Power Management Boot Exit

It a Windows 7 with Windows 10 installed

Destanee_13, Dec 27, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Can't access my pc

Do you connect Wired, or Wirelessly? If wired. Make sure the Ethernet cable is plugged in to the jack in the back of the computer, make sure it is plugged into your router. Unplug your Router and Modem, wait a few minutes and plug them both in and restart your computer. Try changing out Ethernet cables etc.

spunk, Dec 27, 2016
  5. the only way round it was finally a complete format and re-install after realising the Nvidia driver updates which was downloaded from Driver Detective is corrupting windows so I am using Microsoft basic drivers until I can get in touch with Nvidia also I am not going to use Driver detective any more as I have re-installed windows 12 times now and stayed up all night many thanks Spunk

6. I've never trusted a separate program to manage my drivers, and likely never will. It's such as easy process, so ditch Driver Detective and just install the updates as needed.

If you have a spare flash drive, just download the necessary drivers you need from another computer, such as video, network, chipset, etc. Then, when you format and install, you have what you need right in front of you.

DeaconFrost, Dec 27, 2016
  7. I have now ditched Driver detective but when loading windows 10 after formatting and downloading windows update I restarted and all I got was a black screen so I reinstalled again and searched Nvidia downloaded the driver and all I got is a black screen

8. Can't access my pc

wired and all connectors are secure

9. I only accidentally formatted my windows 10 software usb so I its cost me £96.00 to order another as for my pc when I load windows 10 or retstart I still get a black screen graphics card is only 10 months old how would I know if its faulty

rogervansteeden, Dec 28, 2016
  10. You don't need to buy a USB key. Microsoft provides software for free to licensed users. Your machine was fingerprinted and the software will activate. Assuming you have all your data backed up I would do a Clean install with new media. If you access to another Windows 10 machine you can use Windows Media creator to create a USB key or you can create ISO. A clean install deletes data.

Brink's tutorial

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...n-install.html

Caledon Ken, Dec 28, 2016
  11. Samuria Win User
    Instead of reinstall all the time make images with imaging software so then you can put the system back in a few mins with no problems keep a few good copies so you can role back

Samuria, Dec 28, 2016
  12. ... and an excellent software to use for Samuria's suggestion is Macrium Reflect. It's is free to Home users.

13. Can't access my pc

Last night I tried resetting my pc but it only got to 99% but it got to 4 am so I went to bed,Today when I tried installing the new windows 10 I get a message saying cant load windows until I restart which I did but when I do this I get same message over and over again so I cant get onto my desk top. the other problem I had the other day I will have to load down older Nvidia drivers and hopefully windows updates wont clash with it

14. If you are doing a Clean install, with your data safely backed up, Windows should not give you this type of message.

First disconnect your machine from the Internet so you know upgrades won't impact you. When you boot from your new media, you select install, then select custom. I like to delete all partitions and then let Windows recreate, for sure the OS partitions. This way you are going in truly clean.

Once yours Windows is up load your Nivida drivers if needed. Check device manager for version and if you have any unknown pieces of hardware. These can be googled and selectively installed. Then tell Windows you will handle hardware driver updates if you think they are causing issues.. To disable:

Right click on Windows Start
    Click on Control Panel
    Click on System and Security
    Click on System
    Click on Advance system settings
    Click on Hardware tab
    Click on Device Installation Settings
    Click on No
    A menu appears (first time) click Never Install driver software.
    You may get a warning. Click the option that says I’ll take care of it (not exact words)

Then connect to internet and you can initiate the updating of Windows software. To reverse the driver change, should you want to, follow the instructions above only click "Yes". I wouldn't not until I at least had all the Windows updates in and a good Image backup made with Macrium Reflect. (Create their boot / recovery disk). Then if something goes wrong you can pull out your image and restore.

15. I followed everything u said but after downloading the graphics driver the screen went blank and this is before any windows updates so what do I do now

Thema:

Can't access my pc

1. Can't access my pc - Similar Threads - Can't access

2. I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...: I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 23H2 whenever I click on device security. And on the click of Virus & threat protection it shows me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  3. I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported"...: I can't access the windows security, it shows "Standard hardware security not supported" message on Windows 11 23H2 whenever I click on device security. And on the click of Virus & threat protection it shows me "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this...
  4. Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....: Hello,Surface studio 2, I set up Face ID with a PIN BUT without a passcode. Facial Recognition failed several times, now it demands PIN. I forgot it.What I've tried:1. Shift + Restart to access boot menu. FAILED TO WORK.2. Power + F4 WORKED, but no recovery options3. Power +...
  5. Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....

Surface Studio 2, forgot PIN, no passcode, Face ID blocked. Can't access recovery tools....: Hello,Surface studio 2, I set up Face ID with a PIN BUT without a passcode. Facial Recognition failed several times, now it demands PIN. I forgot it.What I've tried:1. Shift + Restart to access boot menu. FAILED TO WORK.2. Power + F4 WORKED, but no recovery options3. Power +...
  6. Can't gain access after using the Recovery key.

Can't gain access after using the Recovery key.: Lenovo with Windows 11 enabled Bitlocker after an update and restart. I am unable to use fingerprint, pin, or password to gain access to the PC....
  7. Can't gain access after using the Recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't gain access after using the Recovery key.: Lenovo with Windows 11 enabled Bitlocker after an update and restart. I am unable to use fingerprint, pin, or password to gain access to the PC....
  8. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.: I did a windows 10 reinstall via usb. Now, the Microsoft store isn't installed and I get an access is denied msg when I use PowerShell to try to fix it.I can't sign in to Microsoft account using my alias I set up as primary acct, message keeps saying sign in turned off for...
  9. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.: I did a windows 10 reinstall via usb. Now, the Microsoft store isn't installed and I get an access is denied msg when I use PowerShell to try to fix it.I can't sign in to Microsoft account using my alias I set up as primary acct, message keeps saying sign in turned off for...
  10. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade