Windows 10: Can't access my photos

Discus and support Can't access my photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer was updated a few days ago and I can no longer access my photos in windows 10, I even bought a Microsoft 365 but still problems.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by michelleTK, May 18, 2020.

1. Can't access my photos

My computer was updated a few days ago and I can no longer access my photos in windows 10, I even bought a Microsoft 365 but still problems.

:)

michelleTK, May 18, 2020

2. Cannot access my photos

Hi Irene,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, we would like to know few answers for the questions:

• How was the data transferred?

• On which device is he accessing the photos? Is it on Phone or Computer?

• If on phone, from which device did he transferred the Photos and contacts?

• Which app are you using to access Photos?

• What is the model of the Phone?
    This might have caused due to:

• The Photos were not transferred properly.

• Due to Photos file were corrupt.

• May be due to Virus attack.

• The format of the Photo is not compatible with your phone.
    Steps to be taken:

• Restart or Reboot the phone.
    This steps should resolve the issue, if the issue still persist please let us know if you face any issue related to Windows and we would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, May 18, 2020
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, May 18, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Can't access my photos

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't access my photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Can't access my photos

1. Can't access my photos - Similar Threads - Can't access photos

2. I can't access my photos after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't access my photos after resetting my laptop: My HP laptop was having Windows permission issues so I reset it i.e. I reinstalled Windows using Recovery in Settings and chose to keep my files.After resetting, I found out that I can't access/view any photos on my laptop. When I click any photo to view it, it...
  3. I can't access my photos after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't access my photos after resetting my laptop: My HP laptop was having Windows permission issues so I reset it i.e. I reinstalled Windows using Recovery in Settings and chose to keep my files.After resetting, I found out that I can't access/view any photos on my laptop. When I click any photo to view it, it...
  4. I can't access my photos after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't access photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access photos.: I have a Windows 10 operating system and I want to keep it that way. I haven't been able to access the classic "Photos" app that we all know and love, yet strangely enough if I use the search in the taskbar, I can still access the photos in the "Recent" tab. And I have tried...
  6. Can't access photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access photos.: I have a Windows 10 operating system and I want to keep it that way. I haven't been able to access the classic "Photos" app that we all know and love, yet strangely enough if I use the search in the taskbar, I can still access the photos in the "Recent" tab. And I have tried...
  7. Can't access photos.

8. photo's to access

photo's to access: I downloaded all my photo's from my iphone. They went to the Photo app in Windows 10. Now when I want to like upload a photo to FB I can't access where those photo's went when I downloaded into that app? How can I do that? Do I have to take each photo and move into a file...
  9. Can not access my photos

Can not access my photos: Hi I tried to download my photos from my phone my computer would not let me. I then tried to bring up a photo on my desktop and I got this error File system error #2147219196. I can go into my photos and see them but when I click on one to bring it up the screen goes...
  10. Photos Windies 10 - can't access

Photos Windies 10 - can't access: So my iPhone uploads to Windows 10 photo app. They are all there. Great. However if I go to another website to select a photo to send or use I can only access photos on One Drive or This PC. I have no idea why done photos are in those files and my main iPhone photos are...