Windows 10: Can't access my task bar or settings.

Discus and support Can't access my task bar or settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just restarted my computer and the background image on my computer is just showing up as black. Additionally, all the icons on my taskbar aren't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robbie_J, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Robbie_J Win User

Can't access my task bar or settings.

I just restarted my computer and the background image on my computer is just showing up as black. Additionally, all the icons on my taskbar aren't showing up and I can't access my setting or the start menu. I've using the cursor to click on this things and I've tried using various shortcuts and none of it has worked.

:)

Robbie_J, Nov 15, 2018

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Can't access my task bar or settings.

How to add web favorites to Task bar for fast access?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please let us know, what happens when you try to pin the folder to task bar?

I suggest you follow the below steps and check if it works:

Create a toolbar for the folder:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.

• Click on Toolbars and on
      New toolbar.

• Browse to the folder and click Select
      Folder.
    If the issue still persists, try to copy the folder into different and follow the above steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Can't access my task bar or settings.

1. Can't access my task bar or settings. - Similar Threads - Can't access task

2. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  3. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  4. Task Bar Collapse Setting

Task Bar Collapse Setting: Just adding another voice to the problem. I am not finding how to set the task bar to never collapse. It was a feature I used on all of my computers at work and at home. Please let me know how to get this function turned off....
  5. Task Bar Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  6. Task Bar Settings

Task Bar Settings: Given as there isn't a way to move the task bar to anywhere but the middle or left on the bottom of the screen, has there any concerted effort to get MS to fix the issue so we can move it to the or side of the desktop? If not, maybe if more people let them know that something...
  7. Task bar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar settings: how do I turn on seconds in my taskbar time display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-settings/4e9a2842-9374-409a-8311-a0de878f3728
  8. I can't access Settings and Search bar

I can't access Settings and Search bar: Hello Team, I am unable to access the "Settings" function as well as the "Search" tab. I also have a notification on the bottom right corner asking me to Activate my Windows which I obviously cannot do since I can't even access Settings. Kindly assist with this....
  9. task bar settings

task bar settings: I would like to know if there's a way to hide my taskbar completely? Currently I have the taskbar hidden, it reveals itself when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. However more often than not I do this accidentally while trying to do something near the bottom of the...
  10. Task Bar/Navigation access

Task Bar/Navigation access: I searched for answers to this question on the forum, and found some answers, but none of them worked for me. So I am posting now hoping someone can provide me some sort of assistance. I have an HP touchscreen laptop I bought last year and I upgraded from Windows 7 to...