Windows 10: Can't access NAS drive after Windows 10 build 1803 installed

Discus and support Can't access NAS drive after Windows 10 build 1803 installed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, After the 1803 Update that turned off SMBv1, I can no longer access the NAS drive on one system. Other computers (Windows 10) and devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike_1369, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Mike_1369 Win User

Can't access NAS drive after Windows 10 build 1803 installed

Hello,

After the 1803 Update that turned off SMBv1, I can no longer access the NAS drive on one system. Other computers (Windows 10) and devices (phones and tablets) can access the NAS drive.

I have done the following:

Network Profile is set to Private.

I altered these services to Automatic (Delayed Start)
    - Function Discovery Provider Host
    - Function Discovery Resourse Publication
    - SSDP Discovery
    - UPnP Device Host

Now, when I click on Network in Explorer, I can actually see my computer and the shared folders, but still can't see the NAS drive. Every oher Win 10 computer can see it. Including, a Win 10 VM I set up on the computer that CAN'T see the NAS drive. So, there is something set on this computer that is preventing it from seeing this drive. I would rather get some suggestions of what might need to be changed, than Resetting the OS and start over. I have done a Network Reset for both the Ethernet adapter and the WiFi adapter. No such luck.

Thank you,
    Mike

:)

Mike_1369, Sep 17, 2018

2. Cannot see NAS drives after intalling build 10.0.10586

I have seven win 10 machines in my household. After updating 3 of the machines from 10.0.10240 to 10.0.10586 they lost the ability to see all of the NAS drives (2 Dlinks, one Lenovo and one WD My Cloud) in windows explorer. The un-updated machines continue
    to access the NAS drives as before but the updated machines cannot see the NAS drives. Are there any suggestions before I start randomly changing the settings to get NAS access back?

Thanks.

JohnWilcox49, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I have recently purchased a 4 bay NAS drive. Whilst I can access the drive with the bundled software I can't see the drive as a network attached device in the Windows 10 file explorer. I have previously had a WD Mybook Live and an LG NAS running fine in
    Windows 7 & 8. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

ninetofortytwo, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access NAS drive after Windows 10 build 1803 installed - Similar Threads - Can't access NAS

2. Can't Access my NAS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access my NAS drive: I cant connect to my NAS. I had mapped drives that worked fine earlier. now I only get an error message. Long message essentialy to many server connections. What has happend Please advice Regards Anders...
  3. can't access any NAS drives after windows update

can't access any NAS drives after windows update: I get the message "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." I can access the drives fine from my macmini, macbook pro, raspbery pis, my samsung s8 and my old laptop not updated for a while But not from my main PC...
  4. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update: Hi, I have 2Win 10 Pro machines and 2 WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives all connected by Ethernet cables, I can access the drives, but as soon as I try to copy files to/from the drives the connection keeps dropping out, the drives are not mapped I am using Network Addressing e.g....
  5. Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update

Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update: Ever since the latest Microsoft update push I have been unable to access my network attached storage devices. These were all active prior to the push and they can be accessed via other PCs on the same home workgroup. I have noticed that I CAN access the NAS drives...
  6. Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro

Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro: This is a strange fault as it happened all of a sudden, I shut down the PC one night when everything was fine, then the following day after bootup I couldn't access the NAS drives although they do show in Windows File Explorer, I just get the error 0x80070035 The network path...
  7. Problem accessing a NAS drive

Problem accessing a NAS drive: I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section...
  8. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  9. Can't access NAS by name

Can't access NAS by name: Yesterday I did a clean (re)install of Windows 10. All seemed ok, but today I cannot access a NAS disk by name. I can access it by IP address, and nslookup correctly resolve both name and addresses. But if I try to access \\MyBookLive (I know, - a cleverly original name.) - I...
  10. Failure accessing NAS drive

Failure accessing NAS drive: Hello! I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer and I can ping it fine and I can even access it via FTP but if I try to access it I get the following dialog box. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot access mybooklive windows 10

2. Buffalo ls-chl4b9 can not be seen in file explore win10 build 1803