Windows 10: Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update

Discus and support Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since the latest Microsoft update push I have been unable to access my network attached storage devices. These were all active prior to the push... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelDouglas1952, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update

Ever since the latest Microsoft update push I have been unable to access my network attached storage devices. These were all active prior to the push and they can be accessed via other PCs on the same home workgroup. I have noticed that I CAN access the NAS drives immediately after a Windows Restart, but within a minute they can no longer be found. I am on an HP Omen laptop running Window 10 Pro Version 1903.

:)

MichaelDouglas1952, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Kbird Win User

Can see NAS but cannot access it or mapped shares after recent update

Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update [​IMG]

Perhaps NetBIOS needs enabling ? ^^^^^ ie win10 sets it to Default not Enabled which does not always work

Perhaps NetBIOS needs enabling ?

Kbird, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing issue with accessing the NAS drive and getting error 0x80070035. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information

However, we would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have expertise and support
    professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on NAS drive to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update

Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I have recently purchased a 4 bay NAS drive. Whilst I can access the drive with the bundled software I can't see the drive as a network attached device in the Windows 10 file explorer. I have previously had a WD Mybook Live and an LG NAS running fine in
    Windows 7 & 8. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

ninetofortytwo, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update

1. Can't access NAS drives after recent Microsoft Update - Similar Threads - Can't access NAS

2. Can't Access my NAS drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access my NAS drive: I cant connect to my NAS. I had mapped drives that worked fine earlier. now I only get an error message. Long message essentialy to many server connections. What has happend Please advice Regards Anders...
  3. can't access any NAS drives after windows update

can't access any NAS drives after windows update: I get the message "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." I can access the drives fine from my macmini, macbook pro, raspbery pis, my samsung s8 and my old laptop not updated for a while But not from my main PC...
  4. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update: Hi, I have 2Win 10 Pro machines and 2 WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives all connected by Ethernet cables, I can access the drives, but as soon as I try to copy files to/from the drives the connection keeps dropping out, the drives are not mapped I am using Network Addressing e.g....
  5. Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro

Can't access NAS drives in Windows 10 Pro: This is a strange fault as it happened all of a sudden, I shut down the PC one night when everything was fine, then the following day after bootup I couldn't access the NAS drives although they do show in Windows File Explorer, I just get the error 0x80070035 The network path...
  6. Problem accessing a NAS drive

Problem accessing a NAS drive: I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section...
  7. No Access to NAS Drive

No Access to NAS Drive: Hi Folk, I can see that this seems to be a common problem on here! I have a Lacie cloudbox NAS drive. On WIn7 pro it worked just fine. Windows say the drive in the network group and I could access it like a normal folder. After I did the Win10 upgrade and it initially...
  8. Can see NAS but cannot access it or mapped shares after recent update

Can see NAS but cannot access it or mapped shares after recent update: My laptop ran a monster update for windows 10 a few days ago and since then I have not been able to connect to my Buffalo Linkstation on my wireless network. I connected to it just fine before and could connect on another laptop the other day that had not yet run the update....
  9. Can't access NAS by name

Can't access NAS by name: Yesterday I did a clean (re)install of Windows 10. All seemed ok, but today I cannot access a NAS disk by name. I can access it by IP address, and nslookup correctly resolve both name and addresses. But if I try to access \\MyBookLive (I know, - a cleverly original name.) - I...
  10. Failure accessing NAS drive

Failure accessing NAS drive: Hello! I wasn't really sure what section to put this in since it could be security and/or network. The problem is I can see my NAS in file explorer and I can ping it fine and I can even access it via FTP but if I try to access it I get the following dialog box. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after windows update unable to acess nas