Windows 10: Can't access "Network & Internet" settings

Discus and support Can't access "Network & Internet" settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to open the "Network & Internet" section of Settings, the app crashes. I *can* open it when in Safe Mode. I'm using Win 10 2004. Here's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by msnyder701, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Can't access "Network & Internet" settings

When I try to open the "Network & Internet" section of Settings, the app crashes. I *can* open it when in Safe Mode. I'm using Win 10 2004.
    Here's the Event Viewer error record of what happens:

Error when trying to open Network & Internet Settings:
    Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0x6de158c3
    Faulting module name: SystemSettingsViewModel.Desktop.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x6149a7d1
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x0002be78
    Faulting process id: 0x1db4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d68bce3195af76
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettingsViewModel.Desktop.dll
    Report Id: 17f8e0f3-d782-44d5-80ea-f00695132d2b
    Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried sfc, dism, making a new user account, and re-registering all apps. No joy.

:)

msnyder701, Sep 16, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Can't access "Network & Internet" settings

Unable to access internet connection with error: "Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings" after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the internet connection on your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired or wireless internet connection?
    • What is the model of the network adapter you are using?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check for the internet options.

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large or Small icons
    • Click on Internet Options, go to Connections tab, click on
      LAN Settings.
    • Make sure that Proxy Server is unchecked even if using Firefox.
    • Check settings in Firefox in Tools / Options /Advanced Connections / Settings (should be either use system proxy settings or no proxy).

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Why can’t I connect to a network?

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Step 3: Also, try to reset the Network Adapter and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Can't access "Network & Internet" settings

1. Can't access "Network & Internet" settings - Similar Threads - Can't access Network

2. Can't open "Network & Internet" settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open "Network & Internet" settings: Running Windows version 10.0.19043 build 19043Hey there! Hope you're all doing well. I'm having a problem with Windows, and I'm wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar.Basically, whenever I try to open my "Network & Internet" settings, the loading screen appears...
  3. Can't open "Network & Internet" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open "Network & Internet" settings: Running Windows version 10.0.19043 build 19043Hey there! Hope you're all doing well. I'm having a problem with Windows, and I'm wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar.Basically, whenever I try to open my "Network & Internet" settings, the loading screen appears...
  4. Can't open "Network & Internet" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. network internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network internet access: question from a non techie, when signing into banking, browsing etc on the internet, my signal changes from private to public!!! I have had BT Tech out to check my equipment and there are no problems! Have been through all the get help which have not worked, the last thing I...
  6. Can't open the "Network & Internet" settings It anything internet related settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open the "Network & Internet" settings It anything internet related settings.: The second time this happens, the internet disconects (works fine on all the other devices) by itself with the message "DNS_PROBE_STARTED" and after a while "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET". If I try to go to the Network & Internet settings, as soon as I click on it, the...
  7. Help please ... can't access network settings

Help please ... can't access network settings: Usually, my internet auto comes on. Now it doesn't. Can't even access my network status from settings (it just blinks and closes). Can not even get it to recognize possible networks (including ethernet cable). I can sometimes get the status to open if I search ethernet, and...
  8. cant access network and internet in settings

cant access network and internet in settings: when i try to open network and internet the app closes and that is all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-network-and-internet-in-settings/a44f5fd4-f761-4244-90bc-8c7e23bda140
  9. Network & Internet settings

Network & Internet settings: I have little to no knowledge about computers but anyway I have received a computer not to long ago and I'm unable to connect to the wifi all I have is the ethernet option. And what is making connection metered? I'm not sure If I should look for professional help or if I...
  10. Internet Access but no Network Access

Internet Access but no Network Access: Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi...