Windows 10: Cant access new family account of my daughter

Discus and support Cant access new family account of my daughter in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just created an account for my daughter as a user on my pc and I can't login to the Outlook email for her I just created. It keeps saying the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DeertickJones, May 8, 2020.

1. Cant access new family account of my daughter

I just created an account for my daughter as a user on my pc and I can't login to the Outlook email for her I just created. It keeps saying the password is wrong and now account is locked and I can't recover anything because the recovery request keeps asking me for email information but I never successfully logged in under that profile in the first place to confirm any family invite requests anyways. Very confused.

:)

DeertickJones, May 8, 2020
  2. SammJack Win User

Are Windows Live Family Safety settings preventing me to sync daughter's Hotmail account on her new Windows Phone?

Thanks. After some digging, found the answer in another forum focused on Windows Live Family Safety.

If you've set up Windows Live Family Safety for a child, you need to temporarily change the setting to allow your child to manage their own contacts. After you go through the steps below and your child's Hotmail account syncs the first time on the Windows
    Phone, you can chang setting back to parental control of contacts.

Here are the steps:

• Go to Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft
    • Click on ?Family Safety? link midway down the page.
    • Log in to Windows Live Family Safety using your Windows ID and password (you'll need to do this even if you're already logged in to Windows Live or Hotmail.)
    • Click "Edit settings" link under the child who has the new Windows Phone.
    • On the settings page for the child, click "Contact management" link.
    • Select "Child manages their own contact list." (As indicated above, you can change this back to "Parent manages the child's contact list" after Hotmail syncs the first time on your child's Windows Phone.)
    • Make sure you've also selected the checkbox midway on the page to allow your child to use Hotmail as well if it isn't already selected.
    • Click "Save" at the bottom of the page to save changes.
    • Close Windows Live Family Safety.
    This did the trick for my daughter's new phone. It's also a known issue; I mentioned it to AT&T store rep when I went in with my daughter to pick out a case for her phone and they indicated they've seen this issue before and this usually does the trick.

FYI, I read a number of posts in the Windows LIve Family Safety forum voicing concern that you can't limit access on a Windows Phone like you can with your PC using Windows Live Family Safety, such as restricting access to inappropriate websites or games.

In the case of websites, this is true, but you can generally limit access to inappropriate websites by selecting parental control services from the cell phone carrier. With AT&T, for instance, there's a monthly charge for parental controls, but these controls
    also allow me to limit the number of text messages my daughter sends as well as how much data she uses.

In the case of games, however, access to games is controled through Xbox 360's family settings at no additional cost.

Hope that helps others experiencing this issue.

SammJack, May 8, 2020
  3. Are Windows Live Family Safety settings preventing me to sync daughter's Hotmail account on her new Windows Phone?

jennyferpagan, May 8, 2020
  4. Sheena M. Win User

Cant access new family account of my daughter

unable to synch daughters phone to my family

Hi shelleyb370,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

According to your post, you have set up My Family for your daughter's phone but it keeps saying no phone on windowsphone.com.

First, please double check what account your daughter is using as the primary Microsoft Account on the phone. My Family needs to be set up using the primary account. On the phone, go to Settings > Emails+Accounts. Here you will see the 'Microsoft Account'.

Using this account, please sign in to
    www.xbox.com
    and make sure your daughter has a free Xbox account. You may need to accept Terms of Use if prompted on the xbox.com website.

Then sign in to www.windowsphone.com with the parent Microsoft Account. Go to My Family set up page, and click Add a kid and try to add your daughter's account.

If the issue persists, I would suggest that you create a new parent account and try to set up My Family again.

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., May 8, 2020
Thema:

Cant access new family account of my daughter

1. Cant access new family account of my daughter - Similar Threads - Cant access family

2. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...: Note that one need to be the family organizer to remove people from the family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-daughters-account-is-now-managed-by-a-new/d2d833e8-2335-4944-9451-0ded37b395a2
  3. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...: Note that one need to be the family organizer to remove people from the family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-daughters-account-is-now-managed-by-a-new/d2d833e8-2335-4944-9451-0ded37b395a2
  4. Hi my daughter's account is now managed by a new UNKNOWN family organizer. How was that...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety

I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety: I have a Win10 laptop ver 22H2, OS build 19045.3324, with my account set to Administrator. My daughter's account on the same laptop is a Standard account. Neither account is local. When I go to Settings / Account and highlight hers, I am not given the option to Add the...
  6. I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety: I have a Win10 laptop ver 22H2, OS build 19045.3324, with my account set to Administrator. My daughter's account on the same laptop is a Standard account. Neither account is local. When I go to Settings / Account and highlight hers, I am not given the option to Add the...
  7. I'm unable to add a device to my daughter's account for Family Safety

8. Cant access new email account

Cant access new email account: Hi,I just created a new email account, mistakenly under 'my family' which i wanted to use for my business email as a sole proprietor and it's my business name so i can't just create another. The problem is that when it was created, neither edge nor my password manager seem to...
  9. Microsoft Account for my daughter

Microsoft Account for my daughter: I've recently bought my daughter a new windows 10 laptop. setting up the laptop its asking me for a microsoft account. She has her school account which i beleive is linked to microsoft but it says its not a microsoft account. i don't want to sign in using my account in case...
  10. Family account access

Family account access: I get the following error when trying to add an account: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " I added accounts for my family to PC & laptops, all can log in to their account, invitation was accepted...