Windows 10: Can't access one computer on my network

Discus and support Can't access one computer on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a strange problem and can't find an answer. My network has the following computers: -Win 10 Pro desktop -Win 10 Home laptop -Win 7 desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dsscottage, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Can't access one computer on my network

I have a strange problem and can't find an answer.

My network has the following computers:
    -Win 10 Pro desktop
    -Win 10 Home laptop
    -Win 7 desktop

From the laptop, I can't see or access the Win 10 Pro desktop but I can see and access the Win 7 desktop.

I can see and access the laptop from both other computers
    I can see and access the Win 7 desktop from both other computers

I have checked the network settings of all computers and they are all the same:
    Private/Network Discovery
    - Turn on network discovery
    - Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices
    - Turn on file and printer sharing
    Guest or Public
    - Turn on network Discovery
    - Turn on file and printer sharing
    All Networks
    -Public folder sharing
    -Turn on sharing so anyone with......
    -Media Streaming
    - Media streaming options "Allow all"
    -File Sharing connections
    - Use 128-bit encryption....
    - Turn off password protected sharing

What else can I check?

:)

dsscottage, Oct 28, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Can't access one computer on my network

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Can't access one computer on my network

1. Can't access one computer on my network - Similar Threads - Can't access computer

2. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  3. Can't access another computer on my network

Can't access another computer on my network: Since I've updated Windows, I can no longer access my other computer that I have networked. It says I do not have permission to access the computer. I've never had to utilize a user/password....
  4. One of my networked computers cannot access data

One of my networked computers cannot access data: I have a PC and a Laptop connected to the same network and they are both running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 b19042.541. They can ping each other and they can see each other. The PC can read and write data to the Laptop. However the Laptop cannot read or write data because the...
  5. Can't access computers on home network

Can't access computers on home network: I'm setting up a new Dell XPS 8930. Existing home network which uses Workgroup at this point includes a Win7 Dell and a Win8.1 Lenovo. The Win7 will be updated to 10 when this problem is solved. All computers show up on all computers under Network. The Win10 can access the...
  6. Can't access my files on Workgroup network computer

Can't access my files on Workgroup network computer: I just finished with your latest update and now when I click on the link to my external drive I get a pop-up that asks for my credentials?? WHAT CREDENTIALS?? I never set up a password to access my remote files. When I leave that field (password in the credentials dialog box)...
  7. Can't access other computers on network

Can't access other computers on network: Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers. I turned off password protection in network sharing so at least I can bring up the other computers but when I try to access the user etc I get access...
  8. One computer on my network can't see the other

One computer on my network can't see the other: Hi, I'd love some help please. I have two Windows 10 PCs on the same network. One is on Wifi and the other connects to the wireless router via a power link plug socket. Within the Netwok tab of Windows Explorer, the desktop PC can see the laptop and can open the shared...
  9. can't access network drives on other computers,

can't access network drives on other computers,: I'm livid, I have three computers, one running windows 7, one running windows 10 pro and a new one with windows 10 home. I had some trouble but finally was able to make the files available between the windows 10 pro and the windows 7 computer, but this stupid windows 10...
  10. One computer cannot access other network computers.

One computer cannot access other network computers.: I have three windows 10 PCs and one NAS on my network. One PC (Lenovo 220X) and the NAS are hardwired. The other two are wireless (Surface Pro 1 and Surface pro 4) The surface pro 4 can see but not access either of the two other PCs. The other PCs can see and access each...