Windows 10: Can't access one of my Hard drive...

Discus and support Can't access one of my Hard drive... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; OK, so I'm just done resetting my PC and when I'm trying to install program on my (F:) hard drive a message pop up saying : ''you need to confirm this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by YohanSercia, Nov 8, 2018.

1. YohanSercia Win User

Can't access one of my Hard drive...

OK, so I'm just done resetting my PC and when I'm trying to install program on my (FCan't access one of my Hard drive... :) hard drive a message pop up saying : ''you need to confirm this operation'' -I then press continue and another message pop up : ''you need permission to perform this action''...

I have been looking for hours for a solution, but when I try to give myself permission (through properties, security, etc..) it says I already have all the permission? I also tried to download the thing that allows you to ''take ownership'' but no result. I know it has something to do with my reset but I can't grasp what. I read that it may be because my hard drive come from 'someone else' but my other one(DCan't access one of my Hard drive... :) work perfectly fine (I have 3 in total, C: D: and FCan't access one of my Hard drive... :).

Please help me. Thanks.

(Sorry for my English, I am a french native speaker.)

:)

YohanSercia, Nov 8, 2018
  2. DannibusX Win User

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Martin Bar Win User
    Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Sir B. Fannybottom Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't access one of my Hard drive... - Similar Threads - Can't access Hard

2. Can't access one computer on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access one computer on my network: I have a strange problem and can't find an answer. My network has the following computers: -Win 10 Pro desktop -Win 10 Home laptop -Win 7 desktop From the laptop, I can't see or access the Win 10 Pro desktop but I can see and access the Win 7 desktop. I can see and access...
  3. My second hard drive is being constantly accessed and I can't stop it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second hard drive is being constantly accessed and I can't stop it: Immediately after installing Windows 10 on my new build, I noticed my secondary hard drive is being accessed. My primary drive is an SSD so it is silent, but my secondary hard drive is a mechanical Western Digital drive. I can hear it being accessed in a rhythmic manner:...
  4. New computer can't access old hard drives

New computer can't access old hard drives: My old Asus laptop died last week, psu might be the issue. Anyway, decided to get a new laptop and just try to retrieve my info with an IDE/SATA adapter. Every time I connect up the old hard drive, the usual jingle chimes in to let me know I've connected something, but the...
  5. Can't Access External Hard Drive

Can't Access External Hard Drive: I can't access my external hard drive from my laptop. But when connect to other laptop using win 7 it easily open. [img] Drive E not showing NTFS file system. [img] Pop up when I tried to open Drive E. This is so frustrating Its not my external HD fault and I...
  6. Can't access old Hard Drive, need help!

Can't access old Hard Drive, need help!: I'm new to this forum, and here's what happened. My old Windows XP Desktop stopped running 2 weeks ago, with a No OS Found error. Since then I've taken the hard drive out and connected it to my new Windows 10 desktop with a USB 2.0 to SATA Adapter. It does not show up in...
  7. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I may have posted this before, so I apologize for being repetitive. I have a hard drive that is connect to my modem / router via a usb connection. The drive is accessed via \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD After rebooting my router, this will work for some number of days before...
  8. Can't access my hard drive from another machine?

Can't access my hard drive from another machine?: Hello, I have two machines on a workgroup network. One machine has win 7 and the other has Win 10. From win 10 machine I can access the C drive on the Win 7 machine since I shared the C drive on the win 7 machine. But I can't access the C drive on the win 10 machine...
  9. Can't access network usb shared hard drive

Can't access network usb shared hard drive: I have a usb connected hard drive connected to my Bell 2000 router. The instructions to access this drive is to go to the Documents folder and enter \\mynetwork. This then shows the shared hard drive as \\mynetwork\NETWORKHD. If I now click on NETWORKHD I get the following:...
  10. Updated to 1703 and now can't access hard drives.

Updated to 1703 and now can't access hard drives.: I just upgraded to the new Windows Creator's Edition. I previously tried the upgrade on my laptop and everything went smoothly. So I decided to upgrade my desktop (both are a little over a year old and configured similarly). I have a second physical internal drive (my D...