Windows 10: Can't access other computers on network

Discus and support Can't access other computers on network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers. I turned off password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bru, Apr 12, 2019.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

Can't access other computers on network

Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers.

I turned off password protection in network sharing so at least I can bring up the other computers but when I try to access the user etc I get access denied. I have tried to enable sharing on the target computer by right clicking but it says folder can't be shared.

Windows is absolutely the most frustrating system, can't even do one of the main things you'd want to do between computers. Useless.

:)

2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Unable to access network storage

Hi Pravin,

Network permission is one of the possible reasons why you can't access a drive within a network. To better assist you, we the answers to the following questions:

• Are you working with computers connected to a domain?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps below to troubleshoot Shared Folders in Windows 10:

• On the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot
      and select the first result.
    • Scroll down and click on Shared Folders.
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't access other computers on network - Similar Threads - Can't access computers

2. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  3. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  4. Can't access files on other network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files on other network computers: I have four computers all attached to my home network. Until recently, I had been able to access documents across all my computers while attched to the home network. That has all disappeared. I can't even find the computers when I select Network in Windows Explorer. The...
  5. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  6. can't discover other computer on network

can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  7. Windows 10 network can't access other computers

Windows 10 network can't access other computers: I have setup file sharing on my computer and 2 laptops. MY laptops can access the shared files from all devices but my computer cannot access files from my laptop. When attempting to connect from my computer I receive the error Windows cannot accesss \\Laptop... . I set up...
  8. can't access network drives on other computers,

can't access network drives on other computers,: I'm livid, I have three computers, one running windows 7, one running windows 10 pro and a new one with windows 10 home. I had some trouble but finally was able to make the files available between the windows 10 pro and the windows 7 computer, but this stupid windows 10...
  9. Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.

Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.: I tried connecting to 2 different computer via Ethernet cable and WiFi but their pc can't be accessed and is requiring user/password login or network credentials to access. The settings Turn off password protected sharing and Use user accounts and passwords to connect to...
  10. Accessing other computers on the network...Help!

Accessing other computers on the network...Help!: I have a couple servers on my network. I re-installed windows on my main desktop yesterday and I can't access the servers now. All the network discovery buttons are checked yes. The network servers are accessible through two other Windows 10 laptops. After some searching on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cant access other computers on network

2. other windows 10 computers cant access my computer