Windows 10: Can't access other IPs on my home network

Discus and support Can't access other IPs on my home network in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, So, I've got a small home network with a media center, a few wifi repeater and a few other computers. The thing is, after the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Morguitoo, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Can't access other IPs on my home network

Hi everyone,

So, I've got a small home network with a media center, a few wifi repeater and a few other computers.

The thing is, after the latest update (KB4586819 1909), I can't seen any of these devices from my PC anymore.

For example, if I type 192.168.2.17:8080 on my browser, it should take me to my media center web interface.

Also, I have this shortcut on Windows Explorer pointing to the media center's main folder (\\LIBREELEC\Media Drive) and it simply stopped working.

I've connected my Ubuntu notebook to the same router and it has access to every single ip address on my network, so yes, it's a Windows 10 thing.

Could you please help me out? I would really appreciate it. This is seriously driving me nuts!

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Morguitoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Morguitoo, Nov 22, 2020
  2. red61 Win User

Ethernet dosen,t have a valid ip configuration

Hi My erthernet connection stoped working, and I can't get it going again. It stopped working after I was looking at some network programs on a PE rescue disk, that i had not used before. Whether It was something I done or it just died I don't know.
    Windows 10 10.0.18362 and tried 10.0.19035
    Cable has light when you plug it in
    Network connections says "unidentified network".
    Troubleshooter says "Ethernet dosn,t have a valid ip configuration"
    Device manager has everything listed as working.
    Network connections Status window says IPv4 no network access, IPv6 no network access, speed 100.0 Mbps, Diagnose says, "Ethernet dosn,t have a valid ip configuration"
    I uninstalled all network adapters, restarted and reinstalled network adapters.
    I reistalled Windows 10, still not working.
    Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Shane.

red61, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Error: Windows cannot access \\PC-Name, you do not have permission to access this pc. Contact your network administrator to request access, while trying to access one PC from another over network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while accessing one PC from another PC over the network. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are the entire PC’s running Windows 10 1809 build version?
    2. Have you tried accessing the PC using IP address of the PC?
    3. Are the PC’s connected to domain network?

I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

However, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Roohi_Taj
    replied on January 8, 2019 and see if that helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Can't access other IPs on my home network

KB3185614 Not allowing Network Shared Drive Access

Hi Nivay,

To address your concern, we would like you to check the following:

• After updating, check your Network profile under Network and Sharing Center, make sure that it is set to Private and not Public.
    • If you are using a third party antivirus software, make sure that the
      Network drive
      is set to Trusted.
    • Ping the network drive and check if you're getting a reply.
    • Access the network drive through it's IP address via run field and not through the existing shortcut, then check if it is accessible.
    • If the network drive is accessible via IP address, we would suggest you to re-map the network drive and delete the previous one that has the red X mark.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't access other IPs on my home network

1. Can't access other IPs on my home network - Similar Threads - Can't access IPs

2. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  3. Can't access the other Windows 11 computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access the other Windows 11 computers on my home network: Since upgrading to Windows 11, my ASUS PC and all DELL laptops on my home network can see each other and can see all computer folders. Unfortunately, they are not permitted access to files despite having set up file sharing. I am always told that my Network Credentials are...
  4. Can't access the other Windows 11 computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access the other Windows 11 computers on my home network: Since upgrading to Windows 11, my ASUS PC and all DELL laptops on my home network can see each other and can see all computer folders. Unfortunately, they are not permitted access to files despite having set up file sharing. I am always told that my Network Credentials are...
  5. Cannot access other computers on my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access other computers on my home network: This is driving me nuts. We have 9 Windows 10 computers in our home all connected to the same network. All of our computers except just one can see and access all the other computers on our home network. I've tried everything I can think of. I recently changed all the...
  6. Can't access computers on home network

Can't access computers on home network: I'm setting up a new Dell XPS 8930. Existing home network which uses Workgroup at this point includes a Win7 Dell and a Win8.1 Lenovo. The Win7 will be updated to 10 when this problem is solved. All computers show up on all computers under Network. The Win10 can access the...
  7. Can't access other computers on network

Can't access other computers on network: Of course it was working fine when on 1803 (after lots of tinkering) but now on 1809 I can't get to my other computers. I turned off password protection in network sharing so at least I can bring up the other computers but when I try to access the user etc I get access...
  8. Accessing other pc's on home network.

Accessing other pc's on home network.: I have 2 pc's running windows 10 pro, on my main pc File Explorer shows my 2 pc's in network but I can't connect with my second pc everytime, it always shows in file explorer but 95% of the time I get an error message, , Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found,...
  9. Can't access other user on home network, again

Can't access other user on home network, again: My wife's computer was just updated to Version 1709, and as with most Windows updates, I'm unable to access certain files/users/computers. This one is new, I can see her computer (JIMS-PC) just fine (Map Network Drive/Browse), but can't log into any of her folders. I can map...
  10. Can't access my Home PC on the network.

Can't access my Home PC on the network.: Frustrated. As of yesterday, I am getting an error when I try to access my home PC from my android phone - login failure. unknown username or bad password. I use my Hotmail account as my username. I did this, because Microsoft insisted. I can login fine to my Hotmail...