Windows 10: Can't access other users, new users don't get a folder

Discus and support Can't access other users, new users don't get a folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So in my "Other Users" settings, there's three other accounts. None of them have a folder in C:\Users, and I have no option to switch users, through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leftbeefs, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Can't access other users, new users don't get a folder

So in my "Other Users" settings, there's three other accounts. None of them have a folder in C:\Users, and I have no option to switch users, through start or the log-in screen.

The Users folder has four subfolders; my account, Public, Default (hidden), and my partner's. The last one used to be accessible, but now it's missing from the settings.

If I make a new account it gets added to the "Other Users" in settings, but that's it. my partner's account has a Microsoft account linked, fwiw.

I've enabled fast switch via a .bat, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

pls fix

submitted by /u/leftbeefs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leftbeefs, Sep 14, 2020

2. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Sep 14, 2020
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Can't access other users, new users don't get a folder

New User not generating user folder

I have added a family member as an "other user", and their name shows in my list of users. When I choose that user and attempt to log in, I get a message that states "The user Profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded."

I am able to log in to the user account in safe mode, but there is a separate error advising me that the desktop cannot be found. I looked at the C:/Users folder, and the new user was not given a folder there by Windows.

Ater an exhaustive search the internet, I was not able to find a solution to this issue. I have also activated the hidden administrator account via the command prompt. Similarly, it could only be accessed in safe mode, there was a missing desktop error once
    accessed, and no user folder had been generated. Please help.

DavidSchick, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Can't access other users, new users don't get a folder

1. Can't access other users, new users don't get a folder - Similar Threads - Can't access users

2. one user can access, other user cannot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one user can access, other user cannot: Two Win10Pro vers 20xx computers, Ethernet LAN. In compD (destination): - password protected sharing is OFF - shares give full control permission to Everyone. CompS (source) UsernameS (standard account) can access compD (dest) which also has UsenameS. CompS Explorer lists...
  3. Can't access other users at logon screen - Only an old user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't access other users at logon screen - Only an old user: Hi As the title suggests, I cannot see a way of logging-on to Windows. At present, an old user (no longer contactable) comes up by default, but I don't know his password. There is no option for other users - I've tried CTRL-ALT-DEL, Alt-F4, Win-L and other combinations...
  4. New user but no user folder

New user but no user folder: I added a new admin user to windows 10 then removed a user. The new user does not have a user folder and the user that was removed is still there. Do I need to remake the user?...
  5. Can't access other users, new users don't get a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't access other users, new users don't get a folder: So in my "Other Users" settings, there's three other accounts. None of them have a folder in C:\Users, and I have no option to switch users, through start or the log-in screen. The Users folder has four subfolders; my account, Public, Default (hidden), and my partner's. The...
  6. Can't access to new local user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't access to new local user: I reinstalled windows and it was a proper clean install. I decided to go to a LAN party and give one my laptop to a friend. I thought it is going to be better to make local user account because I only need for one day. I made local user account but it doesn't work. I can...
  7. Other User (username and pasword can't access)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Other User (username and pasword can't access): HI, my lenovo yoga 520 always saying this "you need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC." i tried so many times in signing in my pasword and username but it won't work, then i try to reset my pasword using Shift...
  8. Users can't access to the shared network folder

Users can't access to the shared network folder: Hello, One of the user can't access to the "old" shared folder. It's weird, because i've created group "test" and "new" folder to share. Both old and new one folder got "test" group in the Security Tab (Full Control). And now. Old one say's - you dont have permission...
  9. On a new install User logs in, but can't save settings or user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    On a new install User logs in, but can't save settings or user folder: I just did a fresh install (of Windows 10) on my wife's new (used) laptop. Everything went well and the username and password were her logon's from her previous computer. She logs on successfully, but a message pops up from the system tray that tells her that she was logged...
  10. Can't access other user on home network, again

Can't access other user on home network, again: My wife's computer was just updated to Version 1709, and as with most Windows updates, I'm unable to access certain files/users/computers. This one is new, I can see her computer (JIMS-PC) just fine (Map Network Drive/Browse), but can't log into any of her folders. I can map...