Windows 10: Cant access parts of Windows Defender

Discus and support Cant access parts of Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am able to scan my PC for threats, but when trying to change my PC to allow Windows Defender to check apps and files, I am unable to do so. I have an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DakotaMannino, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Cant access parts of Windows Defender

I am able to scan my PC for threats, but when trying to change my PC to allow Windows Defender to check apps and files, I am unable to do so. I have an administrator account, yet the option is not changable due to "This setting is managed by your administrator". Is there any fix to this? Cant access parts of Windows Defender 9fcbc60a-c46d-4e41-8037-c205a0066a7f?upload=true.png

:)

DakotaMannino, Jul 23, 2019

2. Windows Defender automatically disabled

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the Windows Defender works.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Try to
    run the Windows Defender in safe mode

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender.
    • Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • It may prompts you to enter the password.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, place the computer in normal mode and check for the Windows Defender services.

Step 1: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Once you are in normal mode, I suggest you to check for the
    Windows Defender services.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter
    • Search for Windows Defender, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    • Do the same for Windows Defender Network Inspection Service.
    • Now check if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Cant access parts of Windows Defender

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Cant access parts of Windows Defender

1. Cant access parts of Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Cant access parts

2. Part of Windows Defender cannot be accessed: Your IT administrator has limited access to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Part of Windows Defender cannot be accessed: Your IT administrator has limited access to...: I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get: [ATTACH] How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own computer at home. That would make me the IT administrator. ***Original Title: I am not allowed access to a part of windows...
  3. I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender

I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender: I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get: [ATTACH] How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own computer at home. That would make me the IT administrator....
  4. Cant access my Defender for windows 10 64-bit

Cant access my Defender for windows 10 64-bit: I noticed out of the blue I am now unable to open my Virus & Threat protection located in control panel. It says "your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" in red and I cant change it. I have run malwarebytes and it has not found any malware or viruses....
  5. windows defender cant turn on

windows defender cant turn on: hai, i have some problem with my windows defender, i didnt remember if i turn off my windows defender but it seems my windows defender are off. when i tried to turn it on it didnt turn like as usually, and when i try to run a quick scan (in hope it will turn on automatically)...
  6. Cant Access Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant Access Pictures: Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10 and when I try to access my pictures under the pictures icon, I can see the thumbnails but when I click on a photo it gives me an error message : File System Error (-2147219196). Any help wold be appreciated Thanks, Patti...
  7. Cant open Windows Defender

Cant open Windows Defender: I cant open windows defender. When I try to open windows defender nothing happens except for when the loading icon(that blue circle) spins around endlessly. Please can u help me. I have to restart my device when ever I try opening windows defender Kind Regards Logan...
  8. No gpedit.msc, cant turn of windows defender.

No gpedit.msc, cant turn of windows defender.: Windows defender turned on when i didnt need or want it to. there Isn't a turn off button other than in gpedit.msc. win+r to run gpedit.msc, says it cant find it. I even looked where the msc should be and its not there. 62548
  9. Lost access to parts of account

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost access to parts of account: Hello all. I was trying to upgrade my laptop's SSD. Put the new drive in an enclosure, and the laptop would not recognize the new drive. Neither would my desktop. In an effort to troubleshoot if it was the drive, or the enclosure, I put my laptop drive into the enclosure, and...
  10. Cant access settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant access settings: My dad has just upgraded to windows 10 and is having a couple mof issues the first is that he cant access the settings. He presses it via the start>settings but it just flashes up then goes off. Hes tried the Windows key + i same thing happens Also via windows...