Windows 10: Cant access parts of Windows Defender

Discus and support Cant access parts of Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am able to scan my PC for threats, but when trying to change my PC to allow Windows Defender to check apps and files, I am unable to do so. I have an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DakotaMannino, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Cant access parts of Windows Defender

I am able to scan my PC for threats, but when trying to change my PC to allow Windows Defender to check apps and files, I am unable to do so. I have an administrator account, yet the option is not changable due to "This setting is managed by your administrator". Is there any fix to this? Cant access parts of Windows Defender 9fcbc60a-c46d-4e41-8037-c205a0066a7f?upload=true.png

:)

DakotaMannino, Jul 23, 2019

2. Windows Defender automatically disabled

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the Windows Defender works.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Try to
    run the Windows Defender in safe mode

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender.
    • Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • It may prompts you to enter the password.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, place the computer in normal mode and check for the Windows Defender services.

Step 1: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Once you are in normal mode, I suggest you to check for the
    Windows Defender services.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter
    • Search for Windows Defender, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    • Do the same for Windows Defender Network Inspection Service.
    • Now check if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Cant access parts of Windows Defender

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Cant access parts of Windows Defender

1. Cant access parts of Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Cant access parts

2. Cant access Windows Defender "Virus & Threat Protection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant access Windows Defender "Virus & Threat Protection": Hey, so I recently restarted my PC "Factory Reset" Cloud Download and I tried to access my Microsoft defender icon in the little arrow on the taskbar and either it goes to a white screen or tells me " Page Not Available" Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas...
  3. Cant access Windows Defender "Virus & Threat Protection"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant access Windows Defender "Virus & Threat Protection": Hey, so I recently restarted my PC "Factory Reset" Cloud Download and I tried to access my Microsoft defender icon in the little arrow on the taskbar and either it goes to a white screen or tells me " Page Not Available" Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas...
  4. Why cant i access some parts of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i access some parts of my computer: Whenever i try to access parts such as the virus and threat protection it says your IT administrator has limited access to some parts of this app. Please help...
  5. Why cant i access some parts of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cant i access some parts of my computer: Whenever i try to access parts such as the virus and threat protection it says your IT administrator has limited access to some parts of this app. Please help...
  6. Window Defender cant access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window Defender cant access: belows this pictureI can't scan virus in windows defender, I don't use antivirus other program.how I can fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-cant-access/63489331-5674-4742-898b-b8bc9ffa9ead
  7. windows failing to update, and also cant access windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows failing to update, and also cant access windows defender: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theretardfucker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ido6br/windows_failing_to_update_and_also_cant_access/
  8. DEFENDER EXCLUSION CANT ACCESS

DEFENDER EXCLUSION CANT ACCESS: AVAST ANTI VIRUS WILL NOT OPEN AS IT IS STOPPED BY DEFENDER.CAN'T ACCESS DEFENDER SETTINGS TO ALLOW NEW UPDATE .AVAST IS CURRENTLY SET UP AS MAIN SECURITY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-exclusion-cant-access/6829f177-1a9d-4057-827b-d4e0e53852c1"
  9. Part of Windows Defender cannot be accessed: Your IT administrator has limited access to...

Part of Windows Defender cannot be accessed: Your IT administrator has limited access to...: I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get: [ATTACH] How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own computer at home. That would make me the IT administrator. ***Original Title: I am not allowed access to a part of windows...
  10. I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender

I am not allowed access to a part of windows defender: I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get: [ATTACH] How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own computer at home. That would make me the IT administrator....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access windows defender

2. limited access to some of this app windows 10 antivirus defender

3. your it administrator has limited access windows defender